ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interfearence

Anybody know how to get rid of interfearence coming through my stereo I think its caused by my amp? Well annoying as the revs go up so does a loud whistle coming through the speakers!

Clio 172 Ph2

install it all again properly?!

No seriously, just keep the amp powercables well away from any speaker wires.

Ive got power down the passenger side and speaker down the drivers.

No hummmmm, buzzzzzz or anything :)

Same goes for in the boot too. Route them so they go nowhere near each other.

Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 21 October 2003

wrap your head in silver foil

It wont work but we can have a laugh at you looking like a loony
Sounds like someone already played that trick on you and youre now talking from experience ;)

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Mate i had this problem. if u fit a resistorto the alternator u will loss the sound. Used to have this prob in my clio. But had the same prob in my punto and it was to do with grounding and that

fitting a resistor will not sid you of the problem, but it will be inaudible, but still causing damage to the speakers

the problem IMHO is going to be the earth

Clio 172 Ph2

Yeah make it as short as possible. Make sure you get a good contact - i.e. get all the paint out of the way - if there is any of course!

Its not the ground as I have to amps in the boot of my car both connected to the same ground ones fine the other one is whistling!