ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior And Convertible Roofs.

Im looking to get into doing interiors, i can obviously do the basics but I want to be doing actual cleaning and protecting... Really confused on what i need.

Is a a wet vac the only way to clean fabric seats and carpets ? Do fabrics and carpets need protecting ? what do i protect with ?

Leather cleaning and protecting ? Whats needed here ? Again just use MF's ?

Convertible roof cleaning ? 303 ? what brushes ? what protection ?

Starting from the beginning;

Wet and dry vacs are used to extract dirty water and soap from seats and upholstery. The idea being you can "scrub" them with a cleaner and then "rinse" them, without getting the seats soaking wet. AS Biobrisk is a good start and to protect, look at i1 from GTechniq.

Leather cleaning, look at the Glipton twins. A soft leather brush is used to mildly agitate the foaming cleaner, which is then wiped off with a damp MF. Protection is the second leather feed product.

Convertible hoods need special treatment, so be careful. There are specific products out there, sometimes sold in twin packs like the leather twins mentioned above. 303 is a top quality product line that have both a cleaner and protector, yes.

Hope that answers some, if not all of the qestions.

For the dash and interior plastics, I dust down with a soft brush, then a diluted APC on a MF will soon see a decent clean. Protection wise, you have a fair bit of choice. Have a look on the I4D/PB websites and choose your poison.

So a wet vac is needed to clean and remove stains from seats ? I think I'll go for the 303 twins for the roof aswell.
Cheers JD.

It's not needed, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier and is more time efficient. It basically means the seats won't be as wet.