ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior bulb, Steering Wheel.

Clio Campus Sport
Evening all, Ive spoke to Snappy about a steering wheel retrim, just need some tips on how to remove my current steering wheel when it comes to changing over? Any tips or guides would be helpful!

Also do anyone know how to remove the interior bulb to change for an LED, ive taken the module out but cant pop the defuser out, Im sure i need to put two screwdrivers in the ends and pop it out, any ideas?

Ive purchased a Connect 2 module that i saw somebody recommend on here, well worth the money. Took 2 minutes to fit tonight and im very very impressed, beats any radio transmitter connectors.

Thanks Guys. :)

​Dan.

Passat
There a guide on the wheel somewhere.

Disconnect battery
Rotate steering wheel 90 degrees - unhook clip at the back of the wheel with a big flat driver to remove airbag
Rotate to do the same with the other clip
Airbag will now pop off
Remove the two ribbon cables to free the airbag
Unclip the remaining two connectors inside your steering wheel
Unscrew the big Torx bolt - but DO NOT remove entirely or you will probably rip the horn wire out when you pull the wheel off
Rag the wheel a bit until only the Torx bolt is holding it on
Now remove the Torx bolt and gently remove the wheel, taking care not to damage the horn wires on release.

Disconnect the battery, screwdriver on the airbag clips on the rear of the steering wheel to lever them over the plates then a torx bolt holding the steering wheel on.