ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Light dimly on.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
OK, looks like something's buggered. When the interior light's set to doors, the interior light comes on very dimly, just enough to light the LEDs. When you open the doors, the light comes on as normal. However, the main problem is that if I leave the light on doors, I'm worried I'm going to come out to go to work in the morning and find either (A) a flat battery or (B) a burnt out wreck.

Has been working fine as-is for a long time. LEDs are wired up with both clusters in parallel, but with reversed polarity (so one lights when the doors open and the other lights when on manual). Left LED is Manual, Right is Doors.

DSCF1500.jpg

For the moment I'm turning it right off manually, to break the circuit.

So, anyone had this before, and has anyone got a fix?

P.S. if anyone knows of a bulb replacement which is bipolar, please tell :)

Ibiza FR
My interior light was always on dimly when I put an LED one in. I just presumed that because it was LED, and required so little power to light, that the tiny amount of current running through it was enough to make it glow slightly. Should be fine :)

My interior light was always on dimly when I put an LED one in. I just presumed that because it was LED, and required so little power to light, that the tiny amount of current running through it was enough to make it glow slightly. Should be fine :)

This is what I thought too! Battery has never gone flat :)

Now Sold :-(
Mine stays on dim all the time when the doors are closed and full bright when opened. If I get out and lock the doors it goes off. I assume there is no current to the light when the doors are locked.

mondeo titanium tdci
So does mine it was fine till I put the LEDs in and it is very very faint nothing that I'm 2 worried about well it ain't burst in to flames yet touch wood lol