ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior lighting problem

Clio 1.2 16v
Hello! right, when I turn on my lights the all the lights go to dim e.g. clock speedo and that then the fan lights don't light up at all but when my lights are off everything works fine any ideas on what could be the problem cheers :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The backlights are meant to dim. If they were too bright, you'd not be able to see out the windows at night - night is when you have your lights on...

I've still no idea what the fan lights are ?

Have you adjusted the brightness .. right hand side, lower dash.. should have 2 dials - one for dash brightness and the other for levelling the headlights.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I think he means the lights in the heater control panel.

But then if the lights are off, the lights in the heater panel should be off, so how can they be working fine when the lights are off?

Clio 1.2 16v
They dim that bad you cant see anything unless you really try and look, and I only have a headlight level adjuster

Fan lights - heater panel you may need some new bulbs they are T5 cap less bulbs or just buy 'dashboard' lights and as above try adjusting your dimmer on the panel

Clio 1.2 16v
The clock as in the time clock not speed clocks, but I've just remember, was wiring up fog lights earlier and put the switch where the dimmer adjuster is on some models but behind was a random adaptor just connected to the plastic, my dad broke it off by accident think that could be to do with it? Cheers people anyway

Clio 1.2 16v
Yes, but they've just been wired into they're own circuit, only thing I did to the electrics already there was take that thing out because it looked as though it didn't do anything, bit stupid really.. haha