ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior plastic trim, what do you use?

cup 182
Steering wheel has no thumb grips, are they easy to replace?
Interior door handles, dash, and wheel have that horrible sticky feel, what do you use on them to restore them slightly to look better?
Or is replacing the wheel and door plastics easier?
What is the best thing to use to clean the seatbelts?
Cheers.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Seatbelts, get a brush and a very concentrated bowl of hot water and fairy liquid. Lots of elbow grease.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My seat belts were black . I unbolted them on the floor / side . It's a big torx bolt . Then I sprayed them with Autoglym engine and machine cleaner and used a nail brush on them . Then I pushed the seats as far forward as possible and put a bucket of hot water in each passenger footwell with oxi clean ( lidls own powder is the same but alot cheaper) powder dissolved in it and left them to soak for a couple of hours and dried them off with a microfibre cloth . They came up like new afterwards .
As for the thumb grips . There are a few different ones on ebay . The cheap ones aren't as good as these , these are thicker and feel stronger. I've used both.
There's a small video showing you how to do it . You just glue the new thumb grips on with super glue . It's dead easy.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Renau...051050&hash=item35f734697c:g:wCUAAOSwfZ1WZb4n

The interior door handles . You can either buy some from a non sport that don't have the rubber coating . Or you can remove the rubber coating and then spray them . To remove the rubber coating , put then in a washing up bowl or bucket with Dettol covering them and the rubber coating just dissolves . It has to be Dettol though not some cheapo disinfecant. You'll see whisps of smoke come off as the chemical reaction gets to work on the rubber coating .
NDZeTwx.jpg

1LqHmxm.jpg

Last edited:
  cup 182
Great tips there thanks.
I guess you can't buy the door handles with just new rubber coating anymore?
Tbh I could actually do with a brand new steering wheel.
Also never realised that my carbon fibre look dash trim is actually silver underneath and had been wrapped lol.
But in 2 minds to keep it or take it off back to silver.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Great tips there thanks.
I guess you can't buy the door handles with just new rubber coating anymore?
Tbh I could actually do with a brand new steering wheel.
Also never realised that my carbon fibre look dash trim is actually silver underneath and had been wrapped lol.
But in 2 minds to keep it or take it off back to silver.
I doubt you can buy the handles new now . I suppose you could always ask at your local Renault dealership.
Search for " snappy steering wheels " on here . His work is top quality , he retrims them in leather .
Yeah underneath the dash trims are silver . Lots of people spray them and colour code them to their car .
I did mine donkeys years ago .
m3skdGq.jpg

cup 182
I doubt you can buy the handles new now . I suppose you could always ask at your local Renault dealership.
Search for " snappy steering wheels " on here . His work is top quality , he retrims them in leather .
Yeah underneath the dash trims are silver . Lots of people spray them and colour code them to their car .
I did mine donkeys years ago .
m3skdGq.jpg
That's really smart, I liked that blue theme in my 172 cup aswell, so might just take it back to silver, as it would break up the black of the dash, the carbon fibre look is ok but it just makes the whole dash very dull