ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior wiring c**k up

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
so I've made a nice c**k up in my interior while stripping it out, I have been removing seats and cutting off any unnecessary wiring, including the airbag module in front of the gearstick, and the abs sensor module thing in front of the handbrake, now when I turn the key, I get power to the dash etc, but no power to the starter motor, turning the key to start does noting, I get a very slick click, but nothing more, could anybody help me or point me in the right direction?

Cheers

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
So looks like I have lost more than I thought, cannot start the engine but I have no indicators or hazards, windscreen wipers and god knows what else, I am guessing it's the big lump of wiring that goes to the airbag module in front of the gearstick, any help on the wiring for this appriciated

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
So my friend came round and we set about fixing this, along with Haynes manual, we could not work out what has gone wrong.

I am thinking it may be something to do with the uch, as we have lost lights, indicators, hazards, wipers, Windows, central locking, and the ability to start the car. If today was anything to go by I am looking to strip off what non standard bits it has, getting a new 172, fit all the better bits to and scrapping the original car.

Nobody shed any light on what may of happened?

Cheers

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
I am going away with work tomorrow, a mate is coming while I'm away to have a look at refitting the plug.

I am in Doncaster, south yorkshire

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
If anyone who knows the Clio wiring fancies lending a hand I can pay any fuel used and beer money

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
That would be brill, I think I may of sourced a new wiring loom including all the airbag wiring etc, so instead of repairing mine, should be simpler to solder a new loom on instead of repairing the rats nest I have at the moment.

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
So little update on this.

Plan is to source a whole new section of loom, complete with all connectors etc, cut out my old butchered section And solder in the new loom. I am just waiting for confirmation on a new loom and I obviously need to get home from work.

@nath&alex if you are willing to help out let me know, you will be rewarded for your efforts, lol, otherwise I have a mate who could do the soldering, he is just not familiar with the Clio loom that's all.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
So little update on this.

Plan is to source a whole new section of loom, complete with all connectors etc, cut out my old butchered section And solder in the new loom. I am just waiting for confirmation on a new loom and I obviously need to get home from work.

@nath&alex if you are willing to help out let me know, you will be rewarded for your efforts, lol, otherwise I have a mate who could do the soldering, he is just not familiar with the Clio loom that's all.
Yes I'm willing to help mate, however I would suggest crimping in the new section of loom as this will be a more sound joint than soldering. What's happened to the stuff you've taken out?

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
Ok no worries, I am open to suggestions All the wiring I have cut out is back in the car mate, thrown nothing away yet.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm currently removing 182 loom which I believe is very similar to your 172 loom. So I could have a look at that. When you thinking?

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
I have sourced a loom but another for reference probably won't be a bad thing.

It will more than likely be around Xmas for me as I'm up in Aberdeen, however you are welcome to go have a go on your own though if you would rather get it done sooner rather than later, entirely upto you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Sometime over Christmas would be better for me. I'm not going across to do it on my own how will you learn anything if your not about!!