ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Accelerator/Throttle problem. No response from pedal. Car just idles.

My mate is having a problem with his Clio.
He's having problems with the throttle. He'll be driving along and then all of a sudden the accelerator pedal will stop working, and the car will just sit idling at 500 revs without touching the pedal, and he'll get no response from pushing the pedal, and this sqiggly light comes on the dash (I can't remember what this one means?!):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTfN__cfeJttS-3bHN5gNC6L1zkYwUQgD5tBmUHbxomKr71B_v.jpg

If he turns on and off the problem is still there, so he has to wait a while before trying again.
Its a Mk2 Ph2 1.2 8v. Would I be right in thinking its possibly the throttle body needs cleaning (I'm no expert!?)

clio 172
Re: Intermittent Accelerator/Throttle problem. No response from pedal. Car just idles

is it the fly by wire throttle? sounds like its dropping the signal could be either throttle pedal or throttle body but don't move the flap in the throttle body or you may need a clip to reset it! i had similar problem but mine would only drive up to 30mph, i just changed the throttle pedal and it was fine

Liberty
My mate is having a problem with his Clio.
He's having problems with the throttle. He'll be driving along and then all of a sudden the accelerator pedal will stop working, and the car will just sit idling at 500 revs without touching the pedal, and he'll get no response from pushing the pedal, and this sqiggly light comes on the dash (I can't remember what this one means?!):

View attachment 959871

If he turns on and off the problem is still there, so he has to wait a while before trying again.
Its a Mk2 Ph2 1.2 8v. Would I be right in thinking its possibly the throttle body needs cleaning (I'm no expert!?)

Started having the exact same issue, what was the fix?