ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent engine management light, Bad MPG

RB 182
I got my 182 a few months ago. I've noticed that sometimes the engine management light will come on, it will stay on for a few days and then go off again. I've also noticed that my MPG is pretty crap compared to what it was when I first got the car. I did a 3 hour motorway drive and it was at about 35MPG and seems to be around 26MPG for normal driving around town.

I'm going to try and get the car plugged in at the weekend and see if anything comes up, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? I don't know if the engine management light and mpg could be linked? Thanks :)

RB 182
It's at about 24 atm, and thats driving like an old person. It's doesn't run too bad when it's cold.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
On your next longish motorway drive, do a constant 60mph and reset the MPG, after you get off the motorway make a note of the MPG. It should be over 40.

I can get 49 on a good run.