ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent flickering stop light 182

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
When Driving the 182 the car drives spot on no issues, when the car is started the oil OK light is on the dash -

However every now & again just normal driving the stop & oil 'can' light flicker together on & off- it will then go for long periods without coming on- then flicker again......
I think its just tormenting me-

Any ideas folks-

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Have you check the oil level?

I checked on flat ground the other day It was fine- I will have another look today-
surely though unless it was right on the sensor level once the light goes on it would stay on-

S

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Check it topped up and if so, it probably is the above.

Does it do it still do when warm or does it go out when revved?

I believe the oil pressure switches are quite prone to failing. Had to change mine a couple of months back. Cheap to buy and dead easy to fix, might be worth a try if you've checked all the obvious things.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I believe the oil pressure switches are quite prone to failing. Had to change mine a couple of months back. Cheap to buy and dead easy to fix, might be worth a try if you've checked all the obvious things.

Yes im getting that vibe from a few Sources-

Car is going to Birchdown on the 11th for the Aux & Cambelt- Steve Said he will order one in & replace whilst doing the other bits....

Cheers Guys

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yes im getting that vibe from a few Sources-

Car is going to Birchdown on the 11th for the Aux & Cambelt- Steve Said he will order one in & replace whilst doing the other bits....

Cheers Guys

S

Well I manned up today- Got my Hands dirty & reviewed some other threads on here that had pictures of the oil Pressure sensor-

Got down to the part- wiring looked a bit under duress & was a little loose-
All cleaned up & done-

fault hasnt yet returned- Very impressed with myself-
S