ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent loss of power + sounding rough

Bux

Golf GTD
Hi guys,

Every now and then (every other day now as its been getting more often) my car seems to be really down on power, and won't pull very much at all, and also when the engine gets to higher revs (4.5k+) it starts to sound a bit rough.

When this happens I stop the car, turn the engine off and back on and then it's fine and back to normal again.

I'm wondering whether it might be a faulty sensor of some sort. Any ideas?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
CLIP check to rule out the sensor array... I've seen a few with faulty camshaft position sensors cause this before as they're mega common on the K4M's aswell as the newer F4R's but its not an overly cheap sensor and it normally causes a "Beeeep" followed by "Injection Fault" to appear on the MFD so honestly its best have it confirmed before spending the £64 on one.

Mick

Bux

Golf GTD
Im going to try and get any fault codes read tomorrow, hopefully that would shed some light on it ...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mint but be aware that some equipment (Snap-On) tends to give out useless codes that mean nothing. Try and get DF codes if possible and we'll be in a much better position to help and advise you if you need us.

Mick

Bux

Golf GTD
Mint but be aware that some equipment (Snap-On) tends to give out useless codes that mean nothing. Try and get DF codes if possible and we'll be in a much better position to help and advise you if you need us.

Mick

I'll bear that in mind, thanks very much :)

Bux

Golf GTD
Had it plugged into a fault code reader toady and it flagged up a stored fault for Camshaft Sensor.

At least I know what it is that's wrong now...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mega common mate and a 20min job to swap out... You will notice a difference until it goes again in 14months time.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Buy from Renault mate, accept no sustitute!

Give T21ADS a nudge or try him at work: 01902439264

Mick