ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent speedo cut out

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Another issue with the 172. Non cup.

Quite regularly my speedo will drop to 0 when moving. It can stay there for mile after mile then randomly readjust.

Thing is. I can feel when it kicks back in. There is 100% a minute change in the pickup feel through the accelerator.

If it's at 0 and I feel this blip through the throttle it immediately returns to reading correct speed.

Any ideas?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I had this with my 52 plate 172 (non cup) and it was the Speedo sensor in the gearbox as said above. Easy enough to replace and didn’t cost too much. Worth a shot first for what it costs.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I do have the 129.

What exactly do they read?

Any idea why this fluctuation can be felt through the pedal?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I have fitted a brand new sensor and unfortunately this makes the problem worse!

Speedo now bounces around and can feel each movement through the pedal, engine almost stutters.

Put my original back in and again it's either reading perfect or changing to 0. No engine issues.

I believed the sensor had no input on how the car drives but my symptoms say otherwise.

Any help?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds a lot like the above thread, new speed sensor resolved.
I'd be tempted to try another geneuine speedo sensor tbh, otherwise maybe wiring?