ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent starting fault HELP!!!

Clio 172
Had this problem for a while now some times it starts some times it doesnt even turn over the immobiliser light goes off as it should but still nothing,
just changed the TDC sensor already had a blue one now swapped for another blue one still getting the same problem.

It will bump start or even if i fail to bump start with not gettin enough speed up it will turn over and start fine

Any one had this problem ? the car is a clio 172 51 plate

Clio 172
Ill give that a try mate thanks for the reply, ive had a look and checked the starter before but ill try give it a tap

Ph1 clio 172
No it wont turn over if its sticky, but when you hit it it should free it up, but make sure you dont just hit the heat shield, i had the same prob with mine, i used the towing eye as it fits down the back of the engine bit easier than a hamer,

Clio 172
I often get my imobilliser light flashing quickly when I put my key in surely that's nothing to do with it not starting when the light goes of as normal ?

Clio 172
It seems as if it only does it when I take the car a good run and it's warm if i wait long enough for it to cool down it seems to start no problem. Anyone got any ideas ??