ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent starting?!

Clio sport 182
Hi guys,

Had problems since christmas.... been trying to start my clio 182 and some times it will go to start and engine just wont fire.

If i leave the car for e.g. 1 day and try again it works! it will work for about 2 weeks no problem then the same will happen again..

when i go to keep re-trying to start it, the battery goes flat very quick... after 5 attempts - ish... i get some jumps and it will start then a day later.

Always bumps when i have this problem

Immobiliser light not flashing...

Any ideas?

thanks guys x

Da

Less
"Immobiliser light not flashing" - what do you mean? Not at all?

Sounds like it could be a battery issue, have you had it tested?

Clio sport 182
Apparently if there is something wrong when its started the immobiliser light will keep flashing?... never had that problem.

Battery not tested... do most garages do it?

sorry not very technically minded

Da

Less
Yeah if the immobiliser light goes out ok then it's not that.

Do you not have access to a voltage meter of any kind? Garages should be able to check it if not.

Clio sport 182
No i dont, i can ask some of the boys..... what do i look for if i can get a voltage meter? what sort of volts should it be at?

Da

Less
At rest I think anything up around 14volts. When started I guess somewhere around 12volts.

Don't quote me on that though. Post your findings and we'll go from there.

Clio sport 182
update..... just went and bought a crank sensor after dismissing possible battery fault ... £11 for the sensor.... 10mins to fit...... IT WORKS!