ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet constantly disconnecting...!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
alreet!

Got a bit of a problem that is doing my scone in.

My home pc. When I am online is loosing the internet connection every 5mins or so, or if I try and view say a youtube video, or open a few pages, or do anything that uses a bit of bandwidth.
  • My MSN is logging in and out all the time too and outlook cant get emails.
  • I have a Netgear router and my pc is wired in via a network cable.
  • I also have a laptop on WiFi which is having no issues.
  • I also have another laptop wired into another port into my router with no issues.
  • When I am struggling to get internet, both laptops can access the internet fine.
  • I am also having difficulty accesing my router settings when it is playing up (via a webbrowser 192.168.0.1) so thinking problem is my PC --> router
  • I have changed my network cable, changed port on router, renewed DNS etc and no improvement.
  • It was fine last week, its just been happening for a week or so and very annoying! Usually the internet is back within 30 seconds or so!
  • I havent done anything to cause it to happen. No new apps, or owt!
  • I have had both PC and router off for over 12 hours
  • I have run ad-aware deep scan with no improvement.
  • I have up to date AV with no probs.
  • I have disabled my firewall with no improvement
  • I dont have windows firewall enabled
Any ideas? Im working on about 3 websites at the mo and this is proper fuking me off and slowing me down!

Cheers for any help!

Last edited:
  05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I haven't a clue mate, but could there be any Malware, Virus or Spyware on your system?. Have you tried doin a Scan?. Is it just the internet or is it offline as well?.