ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet TV dongles...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my dad keeps raving on about getting one but im a little confused as to what they are and what they do..

any one any exprience. whats best etc?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's usually a wifi dongle, with software built in to let you watch things like iPlayer. I have an Android one (Rikomagic) that turn the TV into a basic PC with full browser etc, but there's loads of different ones available

Is the TVs usb port just used as a power source? My TV doesn't have USB but assume I could use a wall socket adapter if its only to power it?

Inferno 182 CUP
Is the TVs usb port just used as a power source? My TV doesn't have USB but assume I could use a wall socket adapter if its only to power it?

Believe that's correct!

Didn't know these even existed .. Maybe a solution for me to get rid of Apple TV

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I have been doing a bit of research on these as there are so many different models. I seems the Uhost2 is the model to go for at the minute, $65 on Tablet Republic.
E001y_zps4e073da4.png

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

yes, plugs into a HDMI slot, and USB powered. Mine then has a USB nano wireless adapter for the mini keyboard with built in mouse. I've used a big keyboard and mouse on it too, and that works really well.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just ordered a Uhost2 and a Mele F10 remote, seems to work well with XMBC from what i can see.

Let us know how that does as im also tempted to try this after using my WDTV Live for what seems like forever now.