ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inventor 2008 System Problem

vx220
This problem is driving me nuts!!!
We have a works pc:- 160g sata, 3500 xp athlon 2.5g ram with optical wired mouse and keyboard.
Running xp professional and inventor 2008.
The problem is after about 10min after the inventor is loaded up regardless of if you even shut the program down, the machine momenterally freezes for 0.5secs. This occurs every 5 seconds without fail. Any sound being played stutters at the same time as the mouse stuttering which is the most annoying part while using any drawing package. Ive updated the graphics card which is an ausus 256mb agp card. Ive also tried different memory as well as updating the graphic drivers for inventor.
Any help or ideas would be much appreicated!!!

vx220
Sounds like and IRQ/DMA issue.

Any ideas/programs i could use to find any conflicting devices? Seem strange that it only occurs once inventor is run. The only way it stops is if you do a complete system shut down (not a restart as it continues via this method). Its driving me nuts now.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Look in system manager to see if there are any exclamations next to items in the list, and/or check in the bios to see if there is a conflict.