ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

I stopped it, restarted both phone and laptop, put it in airline mode, deleted all the apps and music, and its STILL taking ages. by the time it finishes backing up the 5 will have been released.

An orange one
mine backed up in around 4-5 mins, but now its just saying "accessing itunes store" and has been for at least 10 minutes, is this normal??

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, my turn to post an issue, probably one that more will have:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3102165?start=0&tstart=0

I
have a hotmail itunes account that ive had for years, hundreds of apps, thousands of tracks bought over the years linked with that. I also have a mobile ME account (2 in fact) that I would like to also sync with icloud, are apple finally going to allow us to merge accounts, or transfer purchases??

Ibiza FR
Nope, never has been either. Starting to get worried now.

My iPhone went on fine, but my Mrs iPhone and my iPad kept getting errors and were both stuck in DFU mode.
Try unplugging it, closing iTunes, plug it back in and just keep trying. It will eventually go on :)

Ibiza FR

I
have a hotmail itunes account that ive had for years, hundreds of apps, thousands of tracks bought over the years linked with that. I also have a mobile ME account (2 in fact) that I would like to also sync with icloud, are apple finally going to allow us to merge accounts, or transfer purchases??

I am waiting for Apple to allow merging of accounts.
It seems the obvious thing to do, as people will have existing Apple IDs, but will now want the @me.com email address etc.

You can set everything up fully with iCloud using your existing Apple ID though, like I have mine all set up on my Gmail account.

My iPhone went on fine, but my Mrs iPhone and my iPad kept getting errors and were both stuck in DFU mode.
Try unplugging it, closing iTunes, plug it back in and just keep trying. It will eventually go on :)

I'm not even getting error messages now, it starts restoring with the 'loader' on the iPadeta 1/10th of the way through and jams lol.

M135i

I

This is my exact issue at the moment with all of this.

I have an 'old' apple ID that I have used for years to purchase apps and music and sync it all up to my iPad/iphone etc.
I have now had a MobileMe account ow for two years, so this is another Apple ID which I use for emails etc. This of course has been now transferred to iCloud. This @me.com apple ID is the ONE I want to use for both emails AND music and purchases.

However, it seems you cannot consolidate or transfer purchases etc to the @me.com account. FFS. What do I do?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Still having a bit of an issue with notifications for email, Facebook and Twitter not appearing.

This has mainly been when I've not been connected to wi-fi or 3G, but instead it's been Edge or just dot internet. Could this be why?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
This is my exact issue at the moment with all of this.

I have an 'old' apple ID that I have used for years to purchase apps and music and sync it all up to my iPad/iphone etc.
I have now had a MobileMe account ow for two years, so this is another Apple ID which I use for emails etc. This of course has been now transferred to iCloud. This @me.com apple ID is the ONE I want to use for both emails AND music and purchases.

However, it seems you cannot consolidate or transfer purchases etc to the @me.com account. FFS. What do I do?

Exactly the same here, do I use my hotmail login for itunes for icloud, or start buying stuff on the ME account that ive had for a year now...

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ive used 2 email adds for my Apple ID and now use one... and everything is available.

All I did was go to apple.com, log in to my account, edit email address, change it to the one I wanted to use, updated. Confirmed on the verify email.

Went to my iPad 2 and iPhone 4, signed out of iTunes, signed back in with updated email add and original password...

Did I miss something?

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Ive used 2 email adds for my Apple ID and now use one... and everything is available.

All I did was go to apple.com, log in to my account, edit email address, change it to the one I wanted to use, updated. Confirmed on the verify email.

Went to my iPad 2 and iPhone 4, signed out of iTunes, signed back in with updated email add and original password...

Did I miss something?

So:

1. I have ****@hotmail.co.uk as my primary account for purchases on 3 iphones, 1 ipad and 2 Macs.

2. I have two other mobileme accounts, 1 personal and 1 business.

3. I can change the email address from ****@hotmail.co.uk on the purchasing account to personalemail@me.com and continue purchasing?#

Oh and apple made a statement yesterday on the subject:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

D
eekay, can you purchase ok? What happens when you try to view order history?

EDIT:

Just tried what you suggested:

2agutcz.png

Last edited:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
So:

1. I have ****@hotmail.co.uk as my primary account for purchases on 3 iphones, 1 ipad and 2 Macs.

2. I have two other mobileme accounts, 1 personal and 1 business.

3. I can change the email address from ****@hotmail.co.uk on the purchasing account to personalemail@me.com and continue purchasing?#

Oh and apple made a statement yesterday on the subject:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

D
eekay, can you purchase ok? What happens when you try to view order history?

EDIT:

Just tried what you suggested:

2agutcz.png

My brain is hurting. :(

Yes its working fine. But I had 2 accounts, and I had stopped using one, and then I changed my active one to the other one and it just worked :cry:

Has anyone else been through all the settings on iPad 2 iOS5?? Theres so much to take in! iCloud backups, storage left over, apps being backed up, iTunes WIFI Sync etc etc etc wtf theres too much going on!!

ARGHHHHH *HEAD EXPLODES*

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Did I miss something?

That's what I did, worked fine.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
im loving it TBH

had a few troubles with my 3GS but all is good now

loving the wi-fi sync between my mac and iPhone

icloud is awesome, but Photostream is worrying as i can seem to delete pics, once its in the photostream section

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda. Tesla Someday
lol I've worked it out now anyway, you have to access your account via iCloud.com then erase the photostream archive from there, the go onto you ISO device and turn photostream off then back on again and it deletes what ever is in the photostream section only problem is it deletes them all.

Yep!

Mercedes
I have had to do similar with my hotmail, it wouldnt allow me to Verfiy and use that for the I Cloud, so i deleted the 2 Email address on AID then set up a new GMAIL verfity used that as login and AID then, deleted the sign in on i tunes and Re Logged on. Done

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have had to do similar with my hotmail, it wouldnt allow me to Verfiy and use that for the I Cloud, so i deleted the 2 Email address on AID then set up a new GMAIL verfity used that as login and AID then, deleted the sign in on i tunes and Re Logged on. Done

Sorry, but WTF is AIDS!

edit: Apple ID?? LMFAO!!!

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Moving from one 3rd party account to another isnt an issue. The issue only exists for users with an existing mobileme account and a third party email used for purchases. Is it too much to ask for that Apple allow me to consolidate the accounts? I simply want to sign in with the Mobileme account and make purchases with it...

Haven't read the read, so might have missed it.. But on iMessage is sending photos included in the free service i.e. wont be charged on my network?

I saw this at the bottom of the iMessage page on Apples site.

* Normal carrier data rates may apply. Messages may be sent as SMS when iMessage is unavailable; carrier messaging fees apply.

Haven't read the read, so might have missed it.. But on iMessage is sending photos included in the free service i.e. wont be charged on my network?

I saw this at the bottom of the iMessage page on Apples site.

* Normal carrier data rates may apply. Messages may be sent as SMS when iMessage is unavailable; carrier messaging fees apply.

You've asked a question and then answered it yourself?

iMessage uses data. You'll be charged for the data it uses. If there is no data available it will send as a normal SMS/MMS and you'll be charged accordingly.

An orange one
mines now restoring fine, just doing my photos now, it seems that there was just too many people trying to update at once yesterday :)

cant wait to try out the new features!

R26
Sorry if this has been covered but i'm sure i read that there was now a dictionary feature where you could add/remove words? If so where is it lol?