ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 2 - Internet Passthrough Possible ?

White Sti Hatch
Is it possible at all to connect the iPad via USB to a computer/laptop connected via Ethernet cable (no wi-fi out here) and use that connection to access the internet like i can do with my Desire HD ?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
if your going to sit next to a computer that is connectec via ethernet, why not just use the computer rather than using the ipad?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
He might be like me and want to use a radio app at work, but all streaming websites are blocked on work computers.

I don't have an answer BTW, but I'm interested if there is an answer.

Listerine & Poledo
The block will be at the server end in most cases then, the gashPad dont make a difference

White Sti Hatch
The reason i ask is a few apps i want to use require you do be online to download the content and as there is no WiFi on the FOB im at im screwed unless pass through is possible

Find a laptop thats online. Use it's wifi to set up an adhoc/local wifi network. And connect to that.
Fairly sure you can do something like this?

You at Camp Bastion? If you can't say, fair enough. :).

White Sti Hatch
Any links on how to set that up mate would be appreciated.

Not allowed to say but i was in the camp over the road working and now out on another FOB further west.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Pretty sure it isn't. I remember setting up a WPA connection in Vista....

Dunno, I'm Mac only now-a-days.