ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 2 wifi, anyway of using 3G through my phone?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Potentially pikey thread alert ;-)

Hi, I've just bought an iPad 2 16gb wifi only model, but I have an iPhone 4s with unlimited 3G (which the nice man at Three assured me is genuinely unlimited, with no cap lol).

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, because it's Apple, but I don't suppose you can set the iPad up to the iPhone and use the 3G off my iPhone? Tethering I think it's called?

Not getting my hopes up but had to ask!

Thanks

Ph2 172
Yeah don't see why not. Would have thought you should be able to set the Personal Hotspot over WiFi on your phone, then the pad should be able to see this WiFi network and should be able to connect.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yeah don't see why not. Would have thought you should be able to set the Personal Hotspot over WiFi on your phone, then the pad should be able to see this WiFi network and should be able to connect.

Oooo this sounds good, how do I do that?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I dont mind paying the £6 a month for that service tbh. But do I need a lead to connect my iPhone to an iPad?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
that requires you to log in, and Ive no idea where I'd find that sort of info lol. Dont recall setting a pass word lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah all good.

I'm not sure I ever needed to login using the app, I think it automatically worked so long as I was connected using 3G at the time.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
only thing is...

I've just looked how much net I've got left and its saying 493mb? I thought I had unlimited, and Im passed the proxy stage whre you only get 8 days off your allowance?

Citroen DS3 DSport
only thing is...

I've just looked how much net I've got left and its saying 493mb? I thought I had unlimited, and Im passed the proxy stage whre you only get 8 days off your allowance?

It is unlimited, the app has never been updated to show this so ignore the data usage reading.

The One Plan:
2000 minutes (any network)
5000 3 to 3 minutes
5000 Texts
All you can eat data inc tethering

Citroen DS3 DSport
only thing is...

A quote from Three support "We’re aware the 1GB display on My3 and the app causes confusion and there is a fix in place. Do your worst and use as much data as you can and you’ll see you won’t be charged any more"