ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3g, the best approach?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm not overly fussed about it being a 1 or a 2.

I only need a 16gb one.

What would you do? Get one via contract, get one sim free and put a payg sim in it or buy one off the bay and put a payg sim in it?

Depends how much you use it.

If you're going to be on 3G for hours everyday, get a contract. But realistically, get a PAYG sim as and when. Sneeks said about the 3 network ones that come with a fair bit of data for cheap. Just chuck it away and buy a new one when you've used it up.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I just bought a PAYG sim for mine. I used my old iPad out of the house more than I thought, so I had to get 3G with the iPad 2.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm away with work a lot so picking up emails is my main priority so 3G is the only way.

I'm leaning toward just a 16gig iPad 1 with a 3 sim card.

AK

M240i
Got any mobile contracts with Voda?

They were offering £32 per month for 2GB of data and they waved the £199 upfront cost, for the iPad 2 3G 16GB.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Depends how much you use it.

If you're going to be on 3G for hours everyday, get a contract. But realistically, get a PAYG sim as and when. Sneeks said about the 3 network ones that come with a fair bit of data for cheap. Just chuck it away and buy a new one when you've used it up.

Three sim card for roughly £12 on Amazon which provides 3GB of data to be used within 3 months. Buy a micro sim cutter too and it's a easy task whenever you need to buy a replacement sim card.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003Z0T3X2/?tag=cliospnet01-21

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003QRAUYA/?tag=cliospnet01-21

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm not sure if iPad 1 has micro sim but if you get iPad 2, you can get a microsim from Tmobile for £15 which gives you 500mb a month for 12months.

Ste, I worked out that I would be paying £250 more for a 3g on contract with Vodafone than if I bought it in the shops. Taking into account you get 2GB per month for 24 months, I also worked out that was double what I use on the iPhone per month, so was not necessary. I therefore ended up buying the 16GB Wifi iPad 2, rather than a 3G on contract for two years with Voda @27 a month.

I know that's not quite what you were asking, but hope it helps.

I did mate. Something about being a "loyal customer", but pretty sure it's just if you are already a customer.

2.2 bar shed.
GiffGaff = 10 quid a month for truely unlimited data. Then buy whatever you want outright.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Except it isn't..they said themselves if you go mad they will cut you off.

2.2 bar shed.
I sessioned 10 - 15gb a month for 3 months over summer with no problems. Take it as you want.

2.2 bar shed.
Bloody hell! doing what?

Didnt have broadband at home, mixture of iPlayer/similar. Downloaded a couple of games off steam, you get the idea. It floats away pretty quickly. I wouldn't recommend trying to play online games over 3g though as the latencies arnt great. Was alright for WoW though.