ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipad for Work use Question(s)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
we have the possibility at work to get some cheap ipads, but im not sure they will do what we need.

i have seen/used an ipad but not for work use.

i did some googling and see they can edit word documents, but how good is the editor?

what about excel and other MS programs?

any info would be helpful

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
we have the possibility at work to get some cheap ipads, but im not sure they will do what we need.

i have seen/used an ipad but not for work use.

i did some googling and see they can edit word documents, but how good is the editor?

what about excel and other MS programs?

any info would be helpful

Out of the box they view documents. You can get app's that do a great job of editing, you just need to find the best app for you.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
we need a 3g device so surface is out.

ok but there are things out there though?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah loads. Quick office pro seems to be one of the better ones.

A proper Microsoft app is coming next year, but it wont do much.

While i like the idea of the surface (not in RT form, thats DOA), its too big to bring an advantage. Also impossible to use on your lap with the keyboard attached.

Theres also an app called cloud on, which is word, but needs a connection.

ynuzyqym.jpg

Last edited:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
what about ipad and connection to existing work servers and downloading documents and then uploading again?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
what about ipad and connection to existing work servers and downloading documents and then uploading again?

Yup easy to do, if you use cloud on you can link to a dropbox/gdrive/box account. If you don't you can use other apps to bring down documents.

Cupra
I use mine daily at work.
Main uses:
Filebrowser to access network files through the internal wifi. If you aren't on the network then you will need a VPN or dropbox type solution.
iTap RPD to take over my laptop/ test machine when in meetings if Windows is needed.
Logmein to take over my test machine when off the network.
Taking notes in the notes app or Noteshelf for projects.
Citrix Receiver for hosted applications
Quickoffice for editing office documents. This is as a last resort though as layouts of documents are not always as they should be.

Focus ST-3
Teamviewer is a pretty handy app for stuff like this... free for personal use, but for business you 'need' a licence.Could control everything on your PC though, video streaming via teamviewer doesnt work but everything else does (AFAIK)