ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad, MBP or new laptop

none :(
Looking for some advice.
My laptop gave up today, had the ransomware virus and for the life of me I can't remove it, says its been blocked by met police for file sharing etc.
I've tried restoring to an earlier point but it's not having it, so thinking its game over.

Now thinking of getting either a iPad or MBP, but I dunno if I can justify the cost of a MBP, I only use the net for searching etc, I will not be file sharing again . So do I just get an iPad or do I upgrade to the pro.
Another question, obviously it will come pre loaded with iTunes, but to get my songs do I just need to type in my user id.
Or do I just buy a cheap laptop say £300, just for net searching etc.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I replaced my laptop with my phone because it was quicker and easier... But then my phone became tiresome and frustrating being so small, so I got an iPad. Does everything I want bar streaming online and file converting. But for how often I do that I can boot my laptop up. Mbp imo will be overkill

It won't load up in safe mode, I've tried that, unless in doing something wrong.

I do it in sae mode and safe mode with prompts, it just says shutting down. Yeah it's the virus with the copper.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I had something similar happen last year with my laptop.

I debated all the options like a new laptop, tablets, sticking with my iphone, getting an iMac etc. in the end I went for a 13inch MacBook Air (suited my needs perfectly) and my iphone. These two devices cover all my needs.

A MacBook Air sounds like it'd meet your requirements and they're cheaper than a MacBook Pro obviously.

There's little in it between an air and a pro, and the air comes only with a small ssd drive and iirc no optical drive. So a pro is cheaper once you add an external optical drive and external hdd.

For the OP I would just buy a tablet of your choice. No need for a laptop if just browsing the web.

Thanks for the replies, just a little pissed that I've lost my pictures.
When I load up the iPad I persume I just type my apple id into iTunes and all my songs will appear.