ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad not charging..

My iPad (3rd Gen) is now refusing to charge. When plugged in, it makes the initial blip noise - but the charging indicator on the battery icon then disappears. Thought it was my cable that was on its way out, but tried another and it's the same. It's on 9% now.

We all now how good Apple customer service is, so if I go and take it to an Apple store next week - what are they chances they just give me another? Given its now around 16months since I bought it.

Just found an old iPhone charger and tried it with that. It now connects, and the battery icon looks like its charging but the percentage isn't going up at all.

​hmm..

Cupra
What is the USB cable plugged into? Your computer or the iPad charger?
iPhone chargers and most USB ports don't supply sufficient power to charge the iPad (quickly).

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Another good point, the charger should say 12w or 15w on the bottom.

Oops! I didn't notice those replies!

I managed to get it charging again, after trying numerous combinations of cables and chargers I'd found. Then the cable decided to split at the 30-pin end.

So I bought a few spare cables from eBay, and a couple of lightening chargers for my iPhone too as I needed a spare. Now something weird is happening.
I only have one 10w charger (I think), yet when connected to the iPad it takes an absolute eternity to charge. However, when the iPhone's lightening cable is connected to any other charger than the 10w one, the battery level of the phone actually goes down. Wut.

I've ordered a 12w charger, and now inevitably need some more (Official!!) cables. Ffs.

such fun.