ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad screen burn

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Noticed this tonight, when I have grey on my screen, I can see feint outlines of my home screen. I tried to get some pics

4F6693D2-86A9-4A7F-8489-4692EBB6E95F-1964-0000024349C159A1_zpsb7be0464.jpg

10F6110A-CF62-4DE8-B56E-DBA782DFBA85-1964-0000024340F995DC_zpsbc87254a.jpg

doesn't happen with whites or blacks
9D19EE58-75C5-42B3-8879-5B29EF4808A6-1964-000002433B839557_zps1c6ec4e6.jpg

just greys
B0639E91-CEE8-4988-A26A-F4962AD1FEA0-1964-000002432E555204_zps1379595b.jpg

​can anyone offer advice? Or will this go away on its own. No idea what's caused it :(

its a new Ipad I got in late December 2012

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Book a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest apple store. Which I believe would be Liverpool for you

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Mine does this sometimes with the grey tab bar on safari. As does my Samsung tv, can't imagine its anything serious?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I turned the brightness right down last night and left it while the software updated (although I really doubt this is a software problem) and it seems to have fixed itself

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Nope. Just go in and they'll sort it.

Just out of interest, how long have you set for your screen to lock?

I don't, I have a smart case that locks it when I close it.

just got home from work. It's not been used today, bar a bit this morning... Screen burn is back md it's stupidly hot! I've had to take it out of the case.

Has anyone heard of updates causing overheating? And the battery is on 23% :/

Try a complete hard reset. Both buttons held until you see the apple.

The image retention is fairly normal for an IPS display. I wouldn't get too worried about it unless it's massively distracting. Odds are it's always been there and you've only just noticed it. Mine is exactly the same. TBH it's very minor and is a small price to pay for such an awesome screen.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Try a complete hard reset. Both buttons held until you see the apple.

The image retention is fairly normal for an IPS display. I wouldn't get too worried about it unless it's massively distracting. Odds are it's always been there and you've only just noticed it. Mine is exactly the same. TBH it's very minor and is a small price to pay for such an awesome screen.

Ill give that a go in a bit before it dies.

youre probably right about never noticing. I only picked up on it when I was on vxroc as they have huge blocks of grey on their forum

Sounds silly, but have you checked that the screen actually sleeps when you put your Smart Cover on? Could have a faulty sensor?

but, if I open the cover to check its asleep, won't it wake up?

​lol, no, I've checked and it does go to sleep :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds silly, but have you checked that the screen actually sleeps when you put your Smart Cover on? Could have a faulty sensor?

Goodmpoint that, I got an eBay special where the cover slides back a couple of mm. I always wondered why the battery drained after not using it, turned the Smart Cover lock off and used manual lock and problem solved. It also solved an over hearing issue as obviously the ipad was always on so got quite hot!