ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad screen replacements - Apple

My iPad 2 screen is in a pretty bad way cracks, missing glass etc

If I was to go into the apple store would they replace it free of charge it's still under warranty it was accidental damage. Reason I ask is my missus went in with a broken iPhone4 screen and they just replaced her phone free of charge but said if it happens again she will have to pay.

Would that apply the iPad aswell I have heard loads of story's about them just replacing units for free.

Depends what you say, how you say it and what mood the Genius is in.

You aren't entitled to one and they're going to be phasing out all replacements for cracked screens soon.

I best go sooner rather than later then.

Hopefully if I go early next Saturday they wouldnt of been pissed of so much by kids in the shop.

"I love my iPad it's so great and fantastic for me"

"The first time I took it out of it's case and I drop it. I can't believe I've been so unlucky"

"Is there please anything you can do to fix it?"

I will get the missus to do it.

With my accent they will think I stole it off some poor 12 year old kid.

Although if it's properly battered and they can see you obviously haven't looked after it, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Polo GTi
I tried it with my iPad 2, my little girl stood on it with high heels, she was in tears, I almost was in tears, read the stories about Apple replacing them gratis, so I booked an appointment, took my little girl with me, gave him the whole, can you repair it for me, my daughter loves it, she's devastated etc, but he said not they dont fix them (I already knew this), they replace them, my hopes went up, but then said it would cost around £140ish for a replacement, I said no thanks I 'll leave it, knowing the new iPad was around the corner.

I ended up replacing the screen myself, and it looks as good as new, new screen was £50 and it took me around 2 hours to change it, I took my time.

But I have read lots of stories about apple replacing them, but its up the the genius I think and if he is feeling generous, I couldn't argue the toss with him as it was my fault anyway.

I'd say its worth a shot, its worked for many, just not me.