ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPads @ Tesco £50?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A facebook group can bring down parliaments you know...

AK

M240i
LOL at people thinking they'd honour it online.

If it was in store then you're onto a winner winner, chicken dinner.

If you buy in shop and the price is wrong they have to sell it to you at that price, online is a different matter though.

Ph2 Clio 172
The whole 'they have to sell it to you at that price' rubbish comes around every time something like this happens.

Just like the 'they are increasing the driving age to 18' story goes around every school every year. Its one of those misconceptions fueled by people blindly stating it and people blindly believing it, and that includes people who are working in the shop itself!

No shop is under any legal obligation to sell anything at any price to anyone. It is entirely at their discretion.

I remember when I was about 4 and I got 1 of those tomigotchi things, it was priced up at 2 quid or something but it was wrong. They still let me have it for 2 quid.

My ex is a manager at Tesco. She said that if an item is priced wrongly in store it's pretty much down the to the checkout staff to report it. They usually dont care enough so let you have it. The way Tesco stop you getting said item is to withdraw it from sale (ie remove all stock from shelves).

I remember when I was about 4 and I got 1 of those tomigotchi things, it was priced up at 2 quid or something but it was wrong. They still let me have it for 2 quid.

Lol. This sort of thing is fine. Keep you happy. They lost a few quid but so what.

Tesco selling thousands of iPads at waaaay below cost price. No chance. It could have been done on purpose. They'll now have all these new email addresses.

Ph2 Clio 172
My ex is a manager at Tesco. She said that if an item is priced wrongly in store it's pretty much down the to the checkout staff to report it. They usually dont care enough so let you have it. The way Tesco stop you getting said item is to withdraw it from sale (ie remove all stock from shelves).

Or just whip the price label off the shelf, run down to PI and print out a correct one and stick it on :)

There are 2 very different situations though. One where the price on the shelf is wrong yet it scans through the till at the right price, or one where the price when it scans is wrong regardless of whats on the shelf.

Neither are a legal requirement for them to sell it to you, but the latter is a situation that goes un-noticed or people are more often than not let off. I remember a guy buying 3 £1000 TVs from Tesco for £100 each as thats what they scanned through the till at, and the checkout person didn't blink an eye! lol.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If you buy in shop and the price is wrong they have to sell it to you at that price, online is a different matter though.

With the greatest respect, are you retarded?

See my Ferrari example and apply some common sense.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. This sort of thing is fine. Keep you happy. They lost a few quid but so what.

Tesco selling thousands of iPads at waaaay below cost price. No chance. It could have been done on purpose. They'll now have all these new email addresses.

I doubt very much they did it on purpose, but as I said, I will put money on sales being higher at the time of this than the same day last week / same day last year.

The reason I said that is because I've been in that situation where I bought some vitamins which were priced at 2.50, and then the lady behind the till said that's 5, so I said no there 2.50? So she went and checked and said oh that's a mistake but seen as though it says 2.50 I am going to have to sell you them for 2.50.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The reason I said that is because I've been in that situation where I bought some vitamins which were priced at 2.50, and then the lady behind the till said that's 5, so I said no there 2.50? So she went and checked and said oh that's a mistake but seen as though it says 2.50 I am going to have to sell you them for 2.50.

So because some woman in a shop said it, you decided to post something completely incorrect?

Use common sense and you won't go far wrong in life.

She did it out of good will, not necessity.

As I said, take my Ferrari example.

Listerine & Poledo
jesus christ, I expected more from CS than a thread about this.... other than to dismiss it.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
jesus christ, I expected more from CS than a thread about this.... other than to dismiss it.

Really?

I knew exactly what would happen as soon as I saw it.

The same thing happens every time this kind of mistake happens.

50% of people know that the orders will not be honoured.

25% probably know that, but try it.

25% go full r****d. Despite being wrong and proven wrong, and remain defiantly full r****d.

Ph1 ITB'd 172

Me with my eyePad...

EyePad3.jpg

I love how passionate you are about this Deeg

Really?

I knew exactly what would happen as soon as I saw it.

The same thing happens every time this kind of mistake happens.

50% of people know that the orders will not be honoured.

25% probably know that, but try it.

25% go full r****d. Despite being wrong and proven wrong, and remain defiantly full r****d.

Fuckwits had been emailing watchdog about it too!

Listerine & Poledo
f**kwits had been emailing watchdog about it too!

Watchdog is the holy grail to miserable f*ckwits who can't accept that the world hand them the moon on a stick, 24/7

It's like.....I don't know, like Jeremy Kyle.... with shops.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Watchdog is the holy grail to miserable f*ckwits who can't accept that the world hand them the moon on a stick, 24/7

It's like.....I don't know, like Jeremy Kyle.... with shops.

Loved you twitter rant.

They actually said "twitter is going crazy with complaints tonight"

Fuctards.

Status
Not open for further replies.