ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 2g help

E60 diesel powah
I Want to upgrade my firmware to a newer version but how?! Plus its already been jail broken...

Chris knows how to do it but cant get hold of him now!!

Help? Links?

Thankya!

E60 diesel powah
Ok! lol...do i restore my iphone first or..?

Currently downloading the software the guy has given links for

Just open iTunes, make sure you have the new 8.2 version, then just click update.

Allow the update.

Then follow the process for jailbreak, which is just launch redsn0w and follow the on screen instructions :)

E60 diesel powah
Does it normally take this long! still waiting for the iphone to update however,

when i just opened redsnow it asked for something..? or do i only open it when the update is done..man am thick

E60 diesel powah
finally followed the steps at the end where the phone is dowloading jailbreak data..how long should that be on for..coz its been about 5mins on mine now..

E60 diesel powah
right the screen has come up with Itunes logo and usb..?

Pluuged into itunes..

"Itunes has detected an Iphone in recovery mode..You must restore thi Iphone before it can be used with Itunes.."

However i cant even use the phone itself!?! Argh!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i really don't understand the problem.

Restore to 3.0, use redsnow. Fin.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Right, restore to 3.0 and DONT run redsnow.

Just activate it with your PAYG sim.

Make sure its functional and then run redsnow.

E60 diesel powah
Think ive goosed this phone i tbh

Iphone could not be resorted An unknown error occurred (23)

This is after the DFU being done

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Right you need to restore to a previous version.

DFU

Hit ctrl+restore then locate the IPSW you want to restore to (it should be in your itunes folder under "iphone software updates" if the 3.0 file is there try that first.

fiesta 1.25
I had this problem on my old 2g ended up selling it couldnt get it to update or get out of DFU not even with all the sofyware availoable

E60 diesel powah
Right

Think the phone is fooked! Tried putting the old software back on it..(1.1.4) and its still in DFU mode, doesnt seem to get out of it

Error code keeps coming up which i stated before..help?

E60 diesel powah
nothin! just stays on Jailbreak screen then swtiches off into recovery mode then itunes logo pops up