ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3G Can I downgrade from 4.0.2 so i can jailbreak

182 Turbo Project
I thought you just went to jailbreakme.com off of your handset? I think the jailbreak works for 4.0.2!

Hope this helps!

B

182 Turbo Project
I think you will have to download the 4.0.2 ipsw file? I think it's called that, then when you sync your iPhone to iTunes, right click the check for update? Select the file and it should re-install the 4.x.x......

I apologise if this is BS!

B

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My eyes lit up when I saw you had replied Revels, But im struggling to a)find the right download b) I actually dont think its possible is it?

I have that effect.

But you haven't got long to wait until 4.1, then the dev team will crack that somehow. They haven't bothered for 4.0.2 because it was only a minor release. 4.1 will improve things for your 3G anyway..

It is do-able..

http://www.dkszone.net/ios-401-fixes-signal-reception-issue-iphone-4

The IPSW is there. Download that, then press shift as you press restore on iTunes and it will give you the normal file search box, then you can locate that file and do it that way.

That should work and I'm fairly confident it will. But I hold no responsibly if it doesn't and your phone goes ape s**t bananas!

BMW M135i
Surely you'll need your SHSH blobs saved to downgrade and have to point your hosts file to sauriks server to get the restore auth'd to go back a version? That was my understanding of it anyway.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Surely you'll need your SHSH blobs saved to downgrade and have to point your hosts file to sauriks server to get the restore auth'd to go back a version? That was my understanding of it anyway.

Thanks Revels, But im taking it this post means I cant?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
just trying it but it says this:

iTunes will erase and restore your iPhone to iPhone OS 4.0.1. software and verify the restore with Apple

Is this where it goes wrong and wont work cause I havent saved some files?

Some sites are saying the 3Gdoesnt need SHSH blogs as it has a "soft SHSH?"

Last edited:
TBH mate, I'm not sure. Sneeks knows more than I do, it's been years since I've gone back, when I needed 1.1.2!! Lol.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ok thanks anyway Dan, Better leave it for now google can be quite conflicting, Im crap at anything computer relatedand unless im told it works i wont risk it!#

Thanks anyway!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
3G doesn't need the blobs. Just get 4.0.1 Ipsw and do a restore to it. Job done

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Blobs arent needed. just download the ipsw and do a shift restore. select the file and let it go nuts. one you have done that use jailbreakme on safari via your iphone. job done.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Its done, got an ok theme, just need to find that thing that allows you to have 5 icons at the bottom as opposed to 4!