ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 problem HELP!

BG182FF
Hi to all you helpful people!

Having a big problem with my Iphone 4, was working perfectly for the last few months and yesterday It turned off and told me to plug into Itunes. I've had to restore it and updated the software to 5.1.1 so have lost everything on my phone :( but i cant seem to get it to work now, it still says Plug into Itunes and when i do, it recognises the phone but an error message comes up every time saying 'we are unable to continue with your activation at this time, please try again later or contact customer care'

Im sure the phone will work as soon as i can get past this message but ive tried everything from uninstalling Itunes using different cables and computers.

thanks for any help in advance

Yeh if it was Jailbroken and the Baseband updated to 6.15.0.0 then your knackered connecting it to iTunes will do nothing it will just keep throwing up an error as that baseband is for the iPads. You will have to re-Jailbreak to get it back online again me thinks....

BG182FF
yeah unfortunately it was jailbroke, ive searched everywhere online but cant seem to find a fix for it. It was jailbroken when i bought it so wouldnt know how to re-jailbreak it? any help is appreciated, thanks!

BG182FF
i have now activated the phone but ever since doing this, i can not get wifi or bluetooth now or any network. Help!!

Can you list what software you are now running on and the baseband these can be found settings>about

Hopefully then people maybe able to help you a lot better.

With your problems if it's possible that your device has been unlocked via jailbreak, if so you'll need to go into Cydia and download ultrasn0w fixer.
To get the fixer either search for it or add a source.

Cydia > Manage > Edit > Add repo.iparelhos.com then select it from the list (repository).

This might fix your signal issue, I can only think you may need the update your software to a more recent one.

Then jailbreak that as above

GreenPoison Absynthe it's an automatic jail breaker

Plus has your phone been turned off or been restarted without an issue?
If not you iOS would have been on a tethered jailbreak (needs a pc to boot it up)
Therefore a newer jailbreak should fix your issues.

As above...

Your signal wont work if its baseband 6.15.0.0 because Apple are crafty and disable it however the UltraSn0w fix above WILL work it did it on my sisters boyfriends phone absolute ares-hole to work out but yeh it should fix your issue!

Let us know how you get on

BG182FF
hey lads, tried it but no luck, think its an internal hardware failure so i need to go apple store but my closest one is 80 miles away. dont know if its worth it anyways as i have no warranty left on it :( thanks for your help guys

It'll be software. Because you've messed with the baseband. A trip to Apple would be a bit pointless.

Have you tried what the chaps above have suggested?

As revels said Apple will just look at you as if to say what... It's defiantly software related I had the no signal problem and as above I installed redsn0w fixer restarted the iPhone (hard reset (hold home and lock until the apple logo appears) ) then put it into aeroplane mode wait 10 seconds switch aeroplane mode back off then do another restart hopefully it should find itself again mate

Edit

http://www.redsn0w.us/2012/05/ultrasnow-fixer-updated-to-unlock.html

Last edited: