ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 screen repair

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm replacing a broken screen on an iphone 4 for a friend and wondered if anyone has done one of these? My only reason for asking is for recommendations on which one you purchased?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Get the digitiser and LCD complete, don't even try to separate them. They are a fecking nightmare, only managed to separate 2/5 of them.

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye I have learnt that from the 3g ones.

Seems they are about £30 on ebay. Just a bit concerned about quality. Although I've never had an issue with the 3g type or ps3 lasers etc I have had from there.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Aye I have learnt that from the 3g ones.

Seems they are about £30 on ebay. Just a bit concerned about quality. Although I've never had an issue with the 3g type or ps3 lasers etc I have had from there.

iPhone 4 screen is a whole world away from the 3G and 3GS shape. Infact it's a whole world of pain lol. Qualiy on the mid range screens aren't bad at all to be fair.

Red
We replaced the chassis to a gold one. Which requires dismantling everything and I can wholeheartedly say it was the biggest waste if time ever.

Bumder With A Buffer
Don't know what u guys were moaning about. Took me an hour and a bit and that was with 20 mins looking for a screw I dropped.....did have 1 solitary screw left over though! :eek:.

Meh it worked that'll do. First attempt at doing one of the 4's so hopefully next time wont take as long.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
With something simple, or at least not so fiddly, one screw doesn't worry me, but with an iPhone? Are you no worried about what screw you missed?

Bumder With A Buffer
Nope.

Its electronics not a nuclear reactor or space shuttle.

I believe it was one that helps hold the screen or speaker in place. The screen has 10 screws holding it anyway and the speaker is held in place by 2 screws once the case back is on.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't mean worried as in "oh s**t, it might electrocute me now" I just mean like, iPhones are so pretty, I'd be worried it's not perfect any more :eek:

i.e if it rattled I'd want to die.

Bumder With A Buffer
Its so compact in there that nothing will ever rattle.

I just re-watched the video and seen which one I left out. Definately nowt to worry about.

Bumder With A Buffer
As it was for a friend of a friend he wanted it done cheap. Bought of egay for just under £30...I wanted £20 to change it. Got £60 in the end.

Have to be careful though as you can buy just the glass screen or the "digitizer". Some places sell what they call a "complete screen" and its just the digitizer. You need both together.