ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Audi A4 1.8T Sport
service providers cant do anything on the price of Apple items, as with iPods, very little difference in price.

its one of the ways Apple controls the market

An orange one
Looks like I'll be waiting it out till the 14th, I'll see if I can get into Carlisle and check out what's happening in the O2 and voda stores,

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ive ordered two by mistake. Is it worth keeping and selling or just cancel one order?

both white 16gb

An orange one
I didn't so much mean money off the phone, rather a reduced monthly contract rate,

One things for sure, I'm not tying myself into any more than 12 months, any more than that for a mobile contract is ridiculous, thank god for the return of 12 month deals

Mercedes
Managed to sort it with Vodafone online after calling them and then been told to go into store to find there systems were down too, came back to the office logged onto my account and upgraded there, gone for:

16GB in White, and the plan is 12 month Contract 600 mins, Unltd Texts, 500 Mobile Data, and 2GB Openzone WIFI.

Audi S1
What was it at the beginning?

Tbh I'm not fussed about getting the phone when it comes out. I'll put iOS5 on the 4 and then make my decision. Please been asked plenty of times but is that Siri only on the 4S?

Bus w**ker
I didn't so much mean money off the phone, rather a reduced monthly contract rate,

One things for sure, I'm not tying myself into any more than 12 months, any more than that for a mobile contract is ridiculous, thank god for the return of 12 month deals

I was with Orange for 15 years, when it was upgrade time from my BB I rang them to ask about going to iPhone 4 and they wouldn't budge at all in any way. Told them to f**k off, complained to the CEO and went to O2 for a much better deal (although I didn't know about Simplicity so it could have been better).

Some woman from Orange HQ rang to apologise and ask what they could do to get my custom back, told her to show me some loyalty and reduce the contract length to 12 months, which she said she couldn't do. Told her to reduce the contract price for the 18 months term, which she couldn't do. Told her to reduce the price of the handset, which she couldn't do. Told her to f**k off and stop wasting my time, this she did.

Italian 3.2 V6
It's rediculas. It's all cut-throat. There happy to take your money but that's it lol.

It's rediculas. It's all cut-throat. There happy to take your money but that's it lol.

There is more people wanting a 4S than there is stock, so if you won't accept their high price, the person behind you in the queue will.

Two 0 Shitx
At the moment i'm with T-mobile who to cancel my contract before Jan 18th want £100, i want take out a new contract with vodafone but how do i pre order and keep my number?

Italian 3.2 V6
There is more people wanting a 4S than there is stock, so if you won't accept their high price, the person behind you in the queue will.

Im on about loyalty with networks not giving discount for people who have been with them over 5years etc.. You should be entitled to discounts and cheaper deals. At one time they would do this to keep you with them.

It's apple, we cant!!!! It's not that we don't want to.

There is a difference. You start messing with line rental and prices and risk losing our contract - and no one wants to be responsible for that.

Like Dan said, people will pay, if not the next guy will.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Got mine ordered this morning in white for delivery by october 14th. Does that mean i'll get it on the day? f**king bank declined my card doing it on my phone so had to use another one.

Bus w**ker
At the moment i'm with T-mobile who to cancel my contract before Jan 18th want £100, i want take out a new contract with vodafone but how do i pre order and keep my number?

Ring T-mobile and end your contract requesting your PAC number at the same time, paying them £100. Then go to Voda and pre-order 4S, then when your PAC code turns up go online (or ring) to Voda and enter it. Done.

Mk4 .:R32
I'm a ****, I went and pre-ordered one this morning (white - 16GB) after saying it's stupid getting one if you've got an iphone 4...haha.

In fairness I've had my iphone 4 since June last year, my current contract ends soon as well so I will just get a sim only plan. My iPhone 4 is broken to fook as well, so is being repaired now. So I'll sell that for about £250, then when the 5 comes out (whenever that is) I'll get it on contract. Works out alright!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Righty, just got off the phone from Orange after asking them for the best deal-

Iphone 416gb- Phone free, 400 mins, unlimited txts and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

Iphone 4'S 16gb- Phone £99, 400 mins, unlimited txts, and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

24 month contract deal. What do you think?

Two 0 Shitx
Ring T-mobile and end your contract requesting your PAC number at the same time, paying them £100. Then go to Voda and pre-order 4S, then when your PAC code turns up go online (or ring) to Voda and enter it. Done.

But won't i then be without a phone until the 14th? Think i'll have to wait until i get paid and just go into a shop.

Think im going to go for voda's £51 a month deal on phone 32gb/1200mins/unlim txts/500mb and phone £79 deal for 18months.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im more than happy with my deal.

16GB White. £100 cash back with quidco and the voda pre order deal combined.
Phone cost £139. 12 months @£51 (with a friend providing a little discount on the line rental)

Barely costs me more than getting it sim only, plus i have a year of service!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Just upgraded mine with voda online. 16GB white.

Hopefully it'll arrive next fri but nothing I can do if it doesn't.

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 CUP
which network does anybody recommend?

Orange - Tethering is extra - Cheap
Voda - Tethering is extra - Average - Good Coverage?
O2 - Tethering included - Visual Voicemail - Expensive
Three - Tethering included - Lots of minutes & web

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They've already mailed me to say it will be 2-4 weeks for mine. Not massively fussed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Righty, just got off the phone from Orange after asking them for the best deal-

Iphone 416gb- Phone free, 400 mins, unlimited txts and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

Iphone 4'S 16gb- Phone £99, 400 mins, unlimited txts, and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

24 month contract deal. What do you think?

Insane. NEVER 24 month anything.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Agreed, the technology world can move so much in 24 months, avoid it like the plague unless you're not really fussed about the next big thing.