ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DB.

BMW 440i
18 month contacts are perfect anyway, the phone's always worth enough by the end of the contract to make selling it, paying off any existing contract and purchasing the new one cost basically nothing.

02 simplicity FTW, 12 months at a time, tops.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was going to go for a 12m contract, but I didn't like the initial phone cost. 18months does me well as it always seems to be about 15 months til the new iPhone appears anyway. :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Tbf, it doesn't matter when the new one comes out/how long the contract is, as I will only be selling privately (or to mazuma and the likes) , and purchasing the new one anyway.

Now i've got the initial lump out the way, it won't be too bad in the future! :)

1,000,000 pre-orders within 24hours for the 4S.

600,000 last year for the 4.

Failure. Nobody wants one. Crap upgrade etc etc.

Great figures.

I'll upgrade each year anyway, as no matter how small the change, it's always a better phone, with another 12 months warranty.

It only costs about £200 to upgrade each time you sell the predecessor.

Contract length (imo) means nothing. If the package is good, and i'm buying the phone each year anyway, who cares. I'll always have a mobile.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You'd need to increase the demand of the os to justify an increase in RAM.

iOS 5 is probably marginally more efficient with memory usage over iOS 4, hence the (rumoured) lack of update.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I've said it once and i'll say it again... its numbers, numbers mean f**k all.

How the hardware works with the software, optimisation etc is what matters. You can get dual core processors that are worse than single core ones and all sorts the numbers mean little in the overall performance of any electronic device.

Mk4 .:R32
The original iPad had 256mb of RAM. The iPad2 has 512MB, the same as the iPhone 4 and 4S.

As said, it only needs more RAM once they add a significant amount to the OS. Otherwise, what's the point. At the end of the day, it's a phone not a desktop computer. As long as it multi-tasks well with minimal lag (which it will due to the dual core), what would be the point in having a further 512MB of RAM sat there doing f**k all? Plus it's got a 1gig processor...more than enough.

Awesome sales figures...pretty shocked they outsold the pre-orders of the iPhone 4, by some margin too! Ordered white this time. Bored of black (no racial connotation)

Last edited:
  Rav4
I just don't see and find it extremely hard to believe that they have outsold their iPhone 4 pre-orders. The numbers can't be right.

fiesta 1.25
Probably something to do with apple doing reserve in-store for the 4 instead of pre-orders.

So we can't fast track upgrade. I bought the 4 on O2 18months the day it came out. Can I not upgrade on friday?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I just don't see and find it extremely hard to believe that they have outsold their iPhone 4 pre-orders. The numbers can't be right.

I think the high number of pre-orders could have something to do with the news of Steve Jobs passing away.

That and its a superb phone
smiley14.gif

DB.

BMW 440i
I think the high number of pre-orders could have something to do with the news of Steve Jobs passing away.

That and its a superb phone
smiley14.gif

As well as those on 3GS contracts coming to an end, as well as all those expecting the 5.

Hardly needs to be a joke. His death will have brought more awareness to the company though. (Like they need it)

Obviously not a joke, but to say the numbers are noticeably higher because of his death is crazy.

If anything, they would be lower because Tim Cook has taken over as CEO, taking away confidence of those who knew Steve Jobs would deliver a brilliant iPhone. I don't think that is the case either tbh.

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Obviously not a joke, but to say the numbers are noticeably higher because of his death is crazy.

If anything, they would be lower because Tim Cook has taken over as CEO, taking away confidence of those who knew Steve Jobs would deliver a brilliant iPhone. I don't think that is the case either tbh.

Also because a lot of "normal people" will think its the last gadget Steve had his hand in designing, which we know isnt true (The iPad 3 and iPhone 5 will most likely already be designed etc) but to the average Joe they'll assume that.

Hardly needs to be a joke. His death will have brought more awareness to the company though. (Like they need it)

But this point also.

DB.

BMW 440i
That reason won't be the single reason for the increase in demand, but it most likely will have played a part, as well as the timing due to contracts, people expecting the 5, but then the fact the 4S came out, they ordered that anyway.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Also because a lot of "normal people" will think its the last gadget Steve had his hand in designing, which we know isnt true (The iPad 3 and iPhone 5 will most likely already be designed etc) but to the average Joe they'll assume that.

the 'Apple Uni' will ensure that products are still designed and built to Apple's ethos

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPhone 4 now sold and having to use my unlocked and reflashed Orange San Francisco phone until Friday. I quite like Android but I'll be happy to get back to iOS.

fiesta 1.25
Just rang o2 and I'am eligible for a fast track upgrade as i pay more than £40 a month. I've also rang CPW who are doing pre-orders apparently so Im going to go and pre-order it today. I remember last year i didn't pre-order the 4 and still walked passed the o2 que and into CPW where there was 2 other people in the shop.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I pre-ordered from Carphone Warehouse yesterday and arranged to collect from a local store. Was told it'd be ready for collection Friday so hopefully can just walk in during my work lunch hour without the hassle of taking a day off work for delivery home or queing.

Edit: Oh and thats on O2 upgrade, 18 month contract, black 16gig for the same deal as I'd have got from O2 direct