ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  RenaultSport 172
Re: How long did it take for your 4s to arrive??

For all of you that have ordered a iphone 4s either online or via phone, how long did it take to arrive at your door??

With everywhere being out of stock and being told by orange it will arrive between 2-4 days, im wondering when realistically im gunna get it, as 10 days after ordering it via phone i still dont even have a text message to tell me its been dispatched.

Looks like my 14 day cooling off period will run out before i get my phone:mad:

Please can everyone post 5 things, was it....

1, ordered by phone or online
2, network
3, colour, black or white
4, gig, 16gb, 32gb, 64gb
5, How long it took to arrive??

My girlfriend ordered her white 16gb with Orange over the phone and was told 2-4 days and she received it 2 weeks after the order date.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
It will be 14 days from when u get the phone lol will be sent registered post they will know when u get it and it will be 14 days from then, come on you can't be that dense???

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered on 20th Oct
Ordered by Phone
Vodafone
16gb Black
Arrived 1st Nov

Loving it so far :)

Bus w**ker
And all the devs that have installed it and posted about it are saying that it's drastically improved the battery life, although I'm unsure if they are all on 4S' or differing models. iOS5 has always given me worse battery life than 4.X, but as 5 does so much more I have put it down as an excusable reduction. I still get a full day of hammering my 4 without it going flat, it's usually just hitting ~20% about the time that I'd normally be putting it on charge anyway.

AK

M240i
Lol.

1f49138d-d4a5-3634.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I know how to take a photo of the screen but how are you uploading them on here?

Also.... Emails, for some reason I have the number 2 beside my trash in mail but it is empty? I had a 1 there the other day but it's now a 2.... Anyone able to tell me why?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed.... I just pick it up and flick through it and then put it down, So quick compared to my OLD 3G

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
had my 4s a few days now and upgrading from a BB i can honestly say ive been living in the dark ages! the only thing i do miss is m blackbery messenger! :(

anyway since having the phone i drained it and fully charged it the first day i had it and the batery has bee OK at best. but i have put this down to me picking it up and playing with it every 5 mins so i was going to wait untill i can leave it alone to see the true sate of the batery, only now its on 89% after being charged to 100% from 13% last night. so since 8 o clock this morning after taking it off charge, ive harldy used it and its down to 89%... this cant be right?

also wondering if the hardcore can help me... on the blackberry to close any app o feature i had open i clicked the BB buton then "close" and it closed the application so the batery lasts, how do i o this with the iphone? does the home button do the same job? because ive pressed the home button then gone back to a game 10 ins later and its still running?

and with safari, how do you completley close it down? because if you leave a page running then press the home button, when you press safari later on the page os still there...

this cant be good for battery?

scuse my inoobness im still getting used to it, havent had an apple product since the original ipod mini!

had my 4s a few days now and upgrading from a BB i can honestly say ive been living in the dark ages! the only thing i do miss is m blackbery messenger! :(

anyway since having the phone i drained it and fully charged it the first day i had it and the batery has bee OK at best. but i have put this down to me picking it up and playing with it every 5 mins so i was going to wait untill i can leave it alone to see the true sate of the batery, only now its on 89% after being charged to 100% from 13% last night. so since 8 o clock this morning after taking it off charge, ive harldy used it and its down to 89%... this cant be right?

also wondering if the hardcore can help me... on the blackberry to close any app o feature i had open i clicked the BB buton then "close" and it closed the application so the batery lasts, how do i o this with the iphone? does the home button do the same job? because ive pressed the home button then gone back to a game 10 ins later and its still running?

and with safari, how do you completley close it down? because if you leave a page running then press the home button, when you press safari later on the page os still there...

scuse my inoobness im still getting used to it, havent had an apple product since the original ipod mini!

This should help mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
BRILLIANT! thanks for that i litterally had EVRYTHING running lol. hopefully bettery life will imporve somewhat now haha

Makes no difference.

Unless it's something like the iPod actually playing music etc, then the background apps aren't using any battery.

BG V6, LY 182

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I first got it I discharged it fully and charged it to 100%, then repeated.

I'm happy with the battery life, so much better than my 3gs!

Worth saying i've only used it for phonecalls, texting and a little browsing, mainly today and on william hill. Oh and sky sports app today.
I purposley stayed off apps to see what the battery life was like without using them.

Last edited:
  Ph2 172
Is anyone else having real grief with Contacts - I suspect related to the cloud?

Seems that if I modify a contact, I get 2 of them. Then if I delete one of them, they both go.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Mines being delivered on Tuesday, shall i open it or wait for a jailbreak? i.e can you jailbreak after registering it?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
This was my battery on 1st day of receiving so straight out the box with no charging

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320574983.883031.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320574983.883031.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 40

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Makes no difference.

Unless it's something like the iPod actually playing music etc, then the background apps aren't using any battery.

how is that possible? if theyre running in the background they must be taking up some juice?

still not receiving a good run out of the battery. i use it a fair bit but by 5 o clock this evening it was on 4% after being charged fully overnight (it came off charge at 5 in the morning) so realistically, whatever the stats on the phone say im getting 12 hours use out of it using it as normal... my BB's battery used to last me all day at least (granted it didnt have as many apps or fun things to do on it, but i was using BBM and the internet all the time!)