ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hear what you're saying, but it was in a two skin cycle bag. The phone was dry when I removed it, so no idea what caused it. Maybe the vibrations from cycling maybe?

Be careful with yours too! :rasp:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I had better battery usage today, found out half way through that a lot of my location services were still on, so hopefully that was draining it!

Tomorrow night will be the test for improvement now but at least I had 5 hours usage and about 22 hours standby out of it today so it's an improvement!

When is the new update likely to come out?

SQ5
I believe it Luke, if you ask your 4 something like you would on your 4S it dials a random number, as if it's a number linked to a meaning in the Siri database

Mondeo ST220
Well got my iPhone 4s.

Having a problem though. Quite a few of my songs (purchased on iTunes and others, seems quite random as to which songs) won't play. It just skips to the next song without playing the one I've selected.

Any ideas on what might fix this?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Well got my iPhone 4s.

Having a problem though. Quite a few of my songs (purchased on iTunes and others, seems quite random as to which songs) won't play. It just skips to the next song without playing the one I've selected.

Any ideas on what might fix this?

re sync it.

Bus w**ker
I can see Siri rolling out to iPad 2 with one of the future iOS5 updates and whilst it can run on the 4 I can't see that Apple would be in a rush to push it out, as it's a large selling point for the 4S. It's possible though if they're worried about the copyright implications with jailbreakers porting it.

I can't see it ever being ported for the 3 though, ever.

AK

M240i
d5cde09f-10d3-7ce6.jpg

Hope the new iOS solves this, lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL well what do you expect? Streaming data constantly over 3G, yeah thats not energy intensive at all.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that ment its been on for a total of 8 ish hours and from that it's been used for 4 and not used for 4?

Only bought the phone on Sunday so quite pleased by this so far, I'm giving it a couple of weeks before I'll have a proper opinion on it

JZcDz.jpg

Last edited:
  320d M Sport
After getting a bollocking at work for missing a course I feel I need to vent anger at Reminders...

It seem strange that the 'remind me at' alarm Is literally just a ping noise. Once you've missed it you've missed it?! Seems kind of insufficient really. Why not have an actual alarm for it?

320d M Sport
Thanks mate just found it. If you change it to 'alarm' tone it keeps playing I think. None of the others do, they just ping once.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Has this new information changed the life of your battery?

No, but I was previously filled with false hope :(

Test will be tonight anyway, just taken it off charge, will see what sort of life it's got left after a night shift where it will probably get the most usage

Clio 172
I'm very excited, I ordered mine last night, will be with me tomorrow! Never had any form of Iphone before, very much looking forward to the 4S and siri! Will be a much needed upgrade from my Sony Ericsson C905! Although saying that its never once gone wrong on me!

Only thing that annoys me is that it is being sent by Yodel, who from experience are the most useless courier service ever put on this planet.

6/468 17poo
I'm very excited, I ordered mine last night, will be with me tomorrow! Never had any form of Iphone before, very much looking forward to the 4S and siri! Will be a much needed upgrade from my Sony Ericsson C905! Although saying that its never once gone wrong on me!

Only thing that annoys me is that it is being sent by Yodel, who from experience are the most useless courier service ever put on this planet.

Where did you get it from? Ive tried 02 shops near me and on the phone, there useless and cant find me one!

Went to Apple Bristol this evening, replaced the phone no problem. They were just as stumped as I was as to what the problem was!

Thanks Apple!

Clio 172
I'm not sure, mine was an upgrade so nice and easy. I've been with them for 4 years now, and in only a year I got three new blackberries out of them because I kept managing to get them to go faulty on me. Very easy to get help, even towards the end of my contract. They match the deals that O2 do direct too so not too expensive.

Revels Mum & Sister
With regards to battery I turned Bluetooth off and Push for Mail and I am getting half decent life.

Usage: 3 Hours 53 MInutes, Standy: 15 Hours 16 mins. 56% Battery left.

Renaultsport 220T
Had my i4s for 6 days and today (tuesday) around 4pm it just stopped working. Wouldn't reboot, charge, anything. Luckily Bluewater is on my way home from work, so I thought I would go visit the applestore, see if they could sort it out. At first the girl looked a bit lost, tried to book me a Genius appointment, but there were none available, so we went to speak to one anyway. First question he asked me if it was on contract, to which a said no, I had just bought it the previous week. So he asked me if I had receipt, I said yes, was on my email, logged in to my iCloud, found them the receipt, and they brought me out a shiny new 32g i4s and swapped it, without any question. They even gave me the box and contents. Swapped sim over, restored contents from iCloud. I offered to bring in the old box, but they said they didn't want it. lol Happy Days!

Let's hope this one lasts longer than 6 days.

Oh, and spotted mint 172 in the carpark, wasn't tricky, as it was right next to me. Hi.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Had my i4s for 6 days and today (tuesday) around 4pm it just stopped working. Wouldn't reboot, charge, anything. Luckily Bluewater is on my way home from work, so I thought I would go visit the applestore, see if they could sort it out. At first the girl looked a bit lost, tried to book me a Genius appointment, but there were none available, so we went to speak to one anyway. First question he asked me if it was on contract, to which a said no, I had just bought it the previous week. So he asked me if I had receipt, I said yes, was on my email, logged in to my iCloud, found them the receipt, and they brought me out a shiny new 32g i4s and swapped it, without any question. They even gave me the box and contents. Swapped sim over, restored contents from iCloud. I offered to bring in the old box, but they said they didn't want it. lol Happy Days!

Let's hope this one lasts longer than 6 days.

Oh, and spotted mint 172 in the carpark, wasn't tricky, as it was right next to me. Hi.

Would you like to sell me your headfones seeing as you have a second pair now?

Placed my upgrade order with o2 online last night, no idea how long it'll take but got bored of looking for stock! Can't wait, 3gs has about an hours battery life!!

Didn't get insurance this time, 12.50 per month, wtf, it goes up every year. Think I'll get a bank account with free insurance, road cover and travel insurance for less!!