ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone AirPlay music system

Can anyone recommend a decent music system, that I can use via AirPlay?

It'll be used in the kitchen and garden. I'd want it to be clear with good bass.

Budget around £250ish.

Listerine & Poledo
Any of the Sonos portable stuff, one of those and a Sonos Bridge will be pretty good.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What about an AV amp?

My Marantz 1602 supports it (as well as interweb radio etc). Hook up a good set of speakers and it's a win win.

Ive also got Apple TV connected to it so can steam music and video etc.

****Oh, jut realised you want it for the garden and kitchen, not much use then unless you want the whole street to hear it too lol****

Thanks for the links guys.

Already have an amp/ATV in the living room, this is purely for the garden and kitchen.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Sonos "does" support AirPlay but only massive f**k around. It says it supports it with the Play 3 and 5.

You need an Airport Express though plugged into the Aux in and then set it to auto play. I don't know how they get away with saying it does though!

I believe the B&W Zepplins now support AirPlay too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well that's not support. Anything with a 3.5mm jack or optical in has support in that case.

Zeppelins are out of budget

My dad's just had the same search a couple of weeks ago, a well rated one at that price range is the Audyssey Lower South East although it might be worth saving for the Zeppelin as that is excellent. He went for a B&O BeoPlay A8 in the end.

Last edited:
Well, I went to JL yesterday, and had a listen to every unit (Bose / B&W / Sonos / Philips)

The Sonos Play 5 (£350) was very good, the app was great, but it looked ugly and I needed extras for wifi (it's not technically AirPlay, and needed a £40 bridge, and £100 dock).

The Bose units while good, were blown away by the B&W two. The Mini was great, looked good and sounded brilliant, I was sold (£300).

Then I listened to the over-my-budget Zeppelin Air (£500); holy s**t it's clear, great bass, AirPlay enabled too.

I couldn't resist it after comparing.

56978411-e2d6-146b.jpg

182 ff
Well, I went to JL yesterday, and had a listen to every unit (Bose / B&W / Sonos / Philips)

The Sonos Play 5 (£350) was very good, the app was great, but it looked ugly and I needed extras for wifi (it's not technically AirPlay, and needed a £40 bridge, and £100 dock).

The Bose units while good, were blown away by the B&W two. The Mini was great, looked good and sounded brilliant, I was sold (£300).

Then I listened to the over-my-budget Zeppelin Air (£500); holy s**t it's clear, great bass, AirPlay enabled too.

I couldn't resist it after comparing.

56978411-e2d6-146b.jpg

have they sorted out the issues with the airplay ?? B&W are the best but loads of reviews on people slating this doesnt work too well on airplay

I've had a couple of issues with AirPlay, but only from my 4S, not from the iPad.

I assumed it was due to my router being upstairs (my Xbox Live keeps disconnecting too).

Most of the time I just plug my iPhone in, it charges it anyway.

2014 Focus Titanium
I listened to a Zeppelin Air and really wasn't that impressed, but then again I listen to a full AV system every day so maybe my expectations were unrealistic as it's only relatively small, it's just that everyone absolutely raves about them.

I listened to a Zeppelin Air and really wasn't that impressed, but then again I listen to a full AV system every day so maybe my expectations were unrealistic as it's only relatively small, it's just that everyone absolutely raves about them.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a patch on my Onkyo kit in the living room. But for the kitchen / garden it's perfect. I wouldn't want a 5.1/7.1 in the kitchen.

An orange one
I had my heart set on a zeppelin but after seeing and hearing the new Samsung DA-E750 valve dock at the weekend its the one for me!

I've had a couple of issues with AirPlay, but only from my 4S, not from the iPad.

I assumed it was due to my router being upstairs (my Xbox Live keeps disconnecting too).

Most of the time I just plug my iPhone in, it charges it anyway.

Turns out my router was causing the drop outs on AirPlay (Apple TV was doing the same last night). Moved my router to the hallway, everything works again :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Don't get me wrong, it's not a patch on my Onkyo kit in the living room. But for the kitchen / garden it's perfect. I wouldn't want a 5.1/7.1 in the kitchen.

I agree I just thought the price tag was a little steep on a Zeppelin, they are good though!