ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone and bluetooth

Am I right in thinking that you can't transfer files to and from other phones or computers via bluetooth? As it's only there for bluetooth headsets??

If so it's bleedin' disappointing.

Also how do I add new ringtones to the phone? I tried importing a mp3 file to the ringtones section of itunes and nothing?

Black Gold 182 FF
Yes you are right- you can only transfer stuff onto it easily using itunes. You can get various ringtone makers for it from the internet both free and paid for or you can make em yourself using a rather convoluted method of cutting a 30 sec peice from songs and saving it in different format.

The iphone is not like any other phone so does not do the same stuff as others but does loads of other stuff better like proper email and internet. I would not be without mine now- it is like having a small decent web browser with you all the time.

Black Gold 182 FF
What would have been nice would be the abilty to bluetooth stereo music A2DP so I could send my tunes to my A2DP stereo receiver for wireless car stereo interface from the iphone.

no big loss if you ask me

Trust me when your contacts on you mac are around three years out of date and you can't bluetooth them from current phone to iphone - It sucks.

But otherwise it's great just need to decide whether to keep my 16Gb iPod Touch as well.

SLK 350
Just not sure why they went to the hassle of crippling the stack. Personally I can't believe they haven't bought out some stylish A2DP dock/speakers.

Tis annoying.

Black Gold 182 FF
I have seen some smallish A2DP adaptors on ebay that plug in the bottom of the iphone like item number 370077949914.

Citroen DS3 DSport
mobileme has been great so far, my free trial will last 5 months in total rather than the original 60 days I signed up for :)