ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone back up takes HOURS.

Mondeo STTDCI
Has anyone got a sensible answer to this. I need a back up to restore my new iPhone to when I get it, so I have to persevere?

I've been having the same problem ever since 9.1 was released. Have spent hours searching for a resolution, even with Apple. The new versions are very buggy with Windows.

Mondeo STTDCI
Literally Ive been synched for maybe 3 hours now. Its on the final little bit but never seems to finish. FFS!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Don't sync photos, back them up using scanner and camera wizard.

Should solve it.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
me too.....wanted to just add a new album earlier and backed up everything inc apps took 2 hours!!!

Mondeo STTDCI
3.5 hours now.

Its still doing stuff as I'm watching the files dropping into the back up folder 1kb at a time.

Mondeo STTDCI
Righto, I've found a solution of sorts.

Stop the phone from syncing apps in iTunes. Sync the phone but cancel the backup. This should remove all apps from the phone. This is what you want.

Then right click the phone and Reset Warnings and then Disagree sbout sending crash reports to Apple - takes ages extra if this is on.

Now sync, and the back up should be rapido.

Now add apps a couple at a time, then back up. Do this unroll all your apps are on.

Finally NEVER update apps over 3g or Wifi, always do it via iTunes. Solved my issues for now.