ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Bumpers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I've got as silicone case for my 3GS.. is it the same sort of material?

Annoyingly grips the inside of your pockets if it is >.<

02' PH1 172
so if you have the bumper, can you now not fit one of the aftermarket cases to stop scratches and all that becasue of the bumper?

imho, apple should have made these available for free with every new iphone. They made the balls up of making the phone crap with signal, and they should sell a phone, complete with everythign that is needed to make it work..

I'm going to wait till all this bs is sorted before i pay big cash for a new iphone

57 Clio Campus Sport
got mine today, it's nice than I thought it was going to be, I thought it was all rubber but liking the piano black plastic lol. Still unsure about the asking price.

Golf GTD
This is the thing putting me off getting an iPhone 4. I'm 100% anti-case on iPhones but if this bit of plastic is actually needed to get a decent signal then I don't know if I can force myself to upgrade :(

57 Clio Campus Sport
This is the thing putting me off getting an iPhone 4. I'm 100% anti-case on iPhones but if this bit of plastic is actually needed to get a decent signal then I don't know if I can force myself to upgrade :(

Apparently they are going to fix the signal issue with a firmware upgrade. ie make the signal bar look like you've got better reception than you have, so the blame for dropped calls is dumped on service providers. They said it was a hardware issue, now it can suddenly be fixed by software update. I love the phone but it is so stupid it has this problem, I think perhaps Apple seeing what they can get away with now that they're the biggest technology company in the world now. I was going to buy the bumper anyway (usually avoid cases at all cost, but apples own case for it...it's good) before the signal issue even arose, so it doesn't make that much difference to my life. Rant over...

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
think im gonna have to get one black one looks coolish

so is it rubber or plastic?

Nippy white cup
I think I'll just stitch a piece of rubber to my hand where it touches the phone...perfect... no bumper needed...I rule!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i just designed my own @ gelaskins. covers some of the parts for the reception issue and maintains the look. :)

$20 all in aswell, much better imo

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just got the two bumpers I ordered from apple. I have to say they are much nicer than I was expecting the gloss black centre with the rubber outer actualy compliment the iPhone quite nicely.

It will at least keep the phone safe until I have a proper look at some custom cases.. And bonus I will be able to make and receive calls !! :d

1.8 Civic EX
Taken my bumper off now (had it on since release) stretched a little bit which made it a little loose, meant it wouldn't charge as the connector wouldn't push in properly.

Rav4
I don't quite understand the bumpers, in regards to how they improve signal.

The press release by apple simply stated that the problem occurred on how they calculated the signal strength and that it was going to be rectified in a software release. This apparently also happens to 3G's, never heard of it before.

If that is the case, as in a SW issue, then how can the bumper improve it's signal performance?

Thanks,

G.