ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Cannot send MMS?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've just tried to send a picture message for the first time since owning the phone, and its failed? Any reason why??? Have i got to set something up?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Firstly, is MMS turned on? Go into Settings > Messages and make sure it's turned on.

If you're on O2 they normally send you an SMS to tell you that MMS is enabled as well. Have you ever received one? If not, ring them up and check it's enabled.
If you're on an older tariff you may need to call them up and ask them to enable it.

Cupra
I had it on my 3GS and after doing some googling and seeing other people with the same problem, entered my own number in the phone and it worked.

Settings > Phone > My Number

Are you with O2 or is it hacked to another network?

E87 118d M Sport
i read online that if you can get a friend with an iphone to send you an MMS, after recieving it you should be able to send them fine.

strange but by what i read, it worked.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Someone with an iPhone send me an MMS?

Firstly, is MMS turned on? Go into Settings > Messages and make sure it's turned on.

If you're on O2 they normally send you an SMS to tell you that MMS is enabled as well. Have you ever received one? If not, ring them up and check it's enabled.
If you're on an older tariff you may need to call them up and ask them to enable it.

MMS is on, I haven't recieved one though no? I had a few messages about setup when i first got it, but they were for the original number, not mine old one i moved over.

I had it on my 3GS and after doing some googling and seeing other people with the same problem, entered my own number in the phone and it worked.

Settings > Phone > My Number

Are you with O2 or is it hacked to another network?

I've already done that and it changed nothing :( on o2.

i read online that if you can get a friend with an iphone to send you an MMS, after recieving it you should be able to send them fine.

strange but by what i read, it worked.

I'll try this

Probably because it prompts you to fill in necessary details.

Eh?

Last edited:
  Golf R/Leon FR
has it worked yet fella?

are you on a contract or bought the phone from ebay or a mate?

check o2's website it has the mms setting you type in the APN settings on there