ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone "No sim" problem - Orange

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
My Mrs got her iPhone last Friday, and she is getting the "no sim" fault intermitantly (sp?). She has phoned Orange 3 times now and is getting fobbed off with turn it off, charge it up, clean the sim car etc etc. The best was, turn the 3G off, if that works, problem solved. Well not quite, as the phone is a 3G phone.

If we turn up at the Apple shop in the trafford centre can / will they exchange it for a new one?

My experience of Orange customer service is that it is usually horrific, so if we can get it sorted through Apple, then it would make life easier.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
She will need a new sim, my OH had the exact same problem guy in the 02 shop fixed it there and then and she got to keep the same number. :)

Got to the orange shop, it's the sim that's the problem.

Oh and if you want phone apple they will tell you they will justexchange it if you can't be assed with the hassle of orange.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, I'm gonna give the apple shop a ring now they're open and see what they have to say.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Went into the Orange shop, apparently they're not able to give out new sim cards. So ended up on the phone to customer services getting transferred between Orange, who seemed completely unwilling to do anything and Apple who couldn't understand why Orange wouldn't send out a new sim card.

Got a case number from Apple, said we were in the Trafford centre, so walked across to the Apple shop and they gave her a new iPhone. At no point did we actually request a new iPhone, we just wanted Orange to actually do something as apposed to just being the useless bunch of cnuts I've always found them to be.

It will probably be an issue with the sim, but they seem determinned not to send a new sim card out for some reason???

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols, the guy picked one out his little drawer in o2 and gave my missus one.

Sim cards are usless until you actually use them! You can text voda or o2 and they will send you 10 sim cards if you want!

I hate orange! If it doesn't work go into the orange actual shop and kick up hail mary!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lols, the guy picked one out his little drawer in o2 and gave my missus one.

Sim cards are usless until you actually use them! You can text voda or o2 and they will send you 10 sim cards if you want!

I hate orange! If it doesn't work go into the orange actual shop and kick up hail mary!

We went to the Orange shop today, the guy said because it was ordered on-line, they couldn't do anything as they were sepeate entities.

i would have already been in there lol

Tried it before with Orange, it gets you nowhere.

The best thing in my experience, is to send a massive letter detailing every conversation date and time to them and quite how incompetant they are. Got me £300 of good will, no phone bills for 6 months FTW!