ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone on another network, no cellular data?

Have an unlocked 3G and currently running Blackberry tariff with Vodafone. Can I presume that the reason I can't access the internet with the iPhone (it works with the Wifi) is down to the fact that I don't have internet setup, just the Blackberry email/internet package, and therefore need to change it before I can access the internet?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
There's somthing in the contract about only using Blackberry internet with a Blackberry phone. Could be that. But think it might have said they'll charge you if you use it on anything other than a Blackberry, so that should mean it'll work but you'll be liable for interenet cost.

More than likely its the internet isn't set up. Try entering the internet details from the berry onto the iPhone. Sorry if I'm no help at all lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You need to update your settings on your iPhone in: Settings > General > Network > EDGE, however I didn’t know what my settings should have been for Vodafone. If you have the same problem, enter the following:

APN: internet
Username:
Password:
(yes, Username & Password are blank, that isn’t a mistake!)

Top man, cheers Tom, will have a try when I get home. Thought it might have been something like Vish said. I'll report back. Cheers!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I thought data settings updated with the network settings. But yeah, as Tom said that'll sort it.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Indeed it is! The missus wanted a new phone and after months of taking the p!ss out of me and my iPhone she realised that there are no real competitors. She ended up getting one too :)