ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone random switches off in calls.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 3GS randomly just switches off, then takes ages to come back on usually about 7 mins into a call.

Any ideas? It's been doing it for ages, even before the last software update.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, it's well old and fucked, i've replaced the screen, mute button etc in it to.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nope only does it in calls, works perfect (once i get it to switch on) at everything else.

Ph2 172
Yes, my old 3GS did this also after the iOS4 update. It was fine on iOS3, but once upgraded it did it a lot. I took it back to apple for an exchange, it was a very common problem.

I did read somewhere that it was believed to be an issue where by iOS4 was using a temperature sensor on the battery, that iOS3 didn't ever use. This was causing a false reading of over temp and then shutting down the phone. There was a mega long thread on apples own support forum, but the company would never officially admit the fault - at least they hadn't up to the point that I had mine swapped, and i kind of had less interest in it after that!!