ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone randomly vibrating.

RB 182 FF
Hopefully someone can help, randomly at times my iPhone has started to vibrate and turn itself to silent and back. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a known cause to it? Is it worth taking to apple?
It's nothing major I suppose, just a bit annoying.

Thanks
Dom.

Clio 182
Are you unintentionally flicking the silent switch on the side? It's not a sarky comment, I used to do this taking it in and out of my pocket! Annoying!

Laz

Barge
Sometimes when I get a message my phone only vibrates and doesn't make the message tone noise - even when it's on loud.

No idea why. Quirks of the iPisch.

I noticed this when I was last using my old 2G. I put it down to a dodgy mute switch telling the OS that it had been flicked.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i had that on my old 2g. it was a dodgy mute switch, had it replaced at cost, then sold it, 3gs still gong strong

RB 182 FF
It must be that Roy. Its not me flicking the switch as it does it sometimes when it's just in my hand. Random thing lol.
Thanks for your help!!

Crappy work hire car
You haven't got it wet at all have you mate? This happened on my old Samsung after I'd answered a call in particularly bad rain!

RB 182 FF
The only other thing is, it doesn't do it all the time, hence it being random. Are they likely to believe me if it doesn't do it there?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
B2 is way more stable.

Even if a few things dont work, interesting behavior when i plug into my alpine car kit too.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Does it have a cover on the back? My girlfriends 3g did this, she took the cover off (releasing the pressure/force you mentioned) and it has been fine since.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah i noticed that, the iphone seemingly lets you have full control of the ipod when you plug it in. I had to hack my 3GS to do this last time.

I hope it stays in!