ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ipod, loads of info needed please

Maz

LY 200
Right decided my music collection is gash and I need to get it sorted and decided to get one of these to keep it all on, only problem is I aint got a clue :S :eek: and need some help please

Whats the best ipod to buy, size, details etc ??

Where is the best place to buy it ??

Are they complicated to use ??

Where do you get the music from to put on it ??

Where can I get an adaptor to use it in my car ??

The list could go on and on but I won't push my luck.. any help would be great please :D

Vectra :(
Whats the best ipod to buy, size, details etc ??

Depends what your after and how many songs your going to want on it. http://www.apple.com/uk would be a good place to see whats on offer.

Where is the best place to buy it ??

Apple website or the Apple shop in trafford centre if you want to have a play with the different kinds etc and decide there. Could always have a look see then hunt for a cheaper price online

Are they complicated to use ??

Easier than doing your nails!

Where do you get the music from to put on it ??

iTunes is the easiest but once you buy from there you can only put it on ipod and not other mp3 players

There are illegal downloads to consider and also lots more options.

Where can I get an adaptor to use it in my car ??

Halfords do one fitted for £100 i think, depends how fancy you want to go really. Have a web search as there are quite a few options ranging from £30 to about £300

Possibilities with an ipod are like anything gadget wise, there is lots you can do and buy for them, it all comes down to person taste...

...Google is your friend

Failing that i will explain further if/when i next see you.

You can buy my broken one if you like £1.50 and its yours lol

A red missile
All you need to know about the ipod is that it costs more than superior products, scratches like buggery and looks a mess in no time and it'll break.

Looks good though

6/468 17poo
whats a superior product which in actual size isnt massive then?what are you comparing the ipod to out of interest as im in the same boat as maz!

Maz

LY 200
Thanks Rick :) will have a look on apple, want a large capacity so it will hold lots of music

ST
Fully agree with 63/500 and Rory, Creative have been in the computer accessory game for a far longer than Apple!!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
rory182 said:
do you not use itunes then? lol

rory do you have a windows computer? when i got my first ipod i ran it on a windows pc and did have a few problems:dapprove:

But since i have been running itunes through my imac i haven't had any problems. Touches wood.

tiTTy & SV650
yeah its guff on pc's and i aint buying a mac just for itunes, I have an old mac and like macs but Itunes is apples way of getting it right up PC owners.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
rory182 said:
yeah its guff on pc's and i aint buying a mac just for itunes, I have an old mac and like macs but Itunes is apples way of getting it right up PC owners.

Yeah i think mac do it on purpose so people end up buying a mac instead of a windows pc.

RE: scratches. I've had my Nano for months and it doesn't have a single blemish anywhere. But then I look after it and don't toss it around in my pocket with car keys and loose change. Look after it and it won't get scratched. Just like your car really.

RE: iTunes. If you have problems with it on a PC, there are two possible causes. You are a r****d. Your PC is s**t.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
don't get a Creative, my brother has got one and its nowhere near as easy and 'awesome' to use as the iPod, I've not long had my Nano and it is SERIOUSLY impressive how easy and pleasurable it is to use, can't recommend one enough.

ARCTIC BLUE 182
is there a lead to connect my i pod nano to my standard radio in the 182?
Marie i have a nano, never had any problems with it, better than cd's rolling round the footwell in the car
Also my brother had a creative, and it broke and so did the replacement, he now has a i pod

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Roy your a legend.

You speaketh the truth. What problems do people get with itunes and windows? always runs fine for me.

ive got an old 4g 20gig and its fine still works perfectly.

Maz

LY 200
andyleigh said:
Marie i have a nano, never had any problems with it, better than cd's rolling round the footwell in the car
Also my brother had a creative, and it broke and so did the replacement, he now has a i pod

Ahh you can help me :approve: I will pick your brains next time I see you if thats ok ??

Revels Mum & Sister
Roy Munson said:
RE: iTunes. If you have problems with it on a PC, there are two possible causes. You are a r****d. Your PC is sh*t.

High five

My nano is scratched to f**k but thats because it gets bashed about

My new one is mint though and I flogged the old one to my mum for £30

browno

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it pretty much lines up like this:
iPod shuffle: Amazing portability, but no screen. good if you want some music that's portable, but don't want to pay a lot or have to lug around a big heavy lump. I borrowed a shuffle earlier this week, and it was really handy to have in my pocket to stick on while I was waiting at the airport... Only £55...

iPod nano: Nicely portable, with a nice screen, can do photos and choice of size - 8Gb should work for those with smaller music collections. Screen lets you choose what you listen to (rather than the shuffle which decides for you...). Solid state memory so won't be affected by shock or motion (jogging, gym etc) as a HD might be. Can now do games. New design less prone to scratches.

iPod Video: A fair bit bigger, but still pocketable. Both versions also play video. 30Gb probably ideal buy (in fact what I'm about to go for to replace my 4.5yr old 10Gb version) not much more than an 8Gb nano, but has 3.75times the capacity. Also does games, photos etc. You can hold ALL of your music, and not have to switch about to get the tunes you want. 80Gb version is likely to be more than you will ever need (unless you're a real music freak!) but has longer battery life, but is a bit chunkier still...

My music collection is c.120GB, so no iPod is big enough to store it. I just use my 2GB Nano to store stuff I am listening to recently. I keep it up to date with a single playlist in iTunes. It's not rocket science.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Roy Munson said:
My music collection is c.120GB, so no iPod is big enough to store it. I just use my 2GB Nano to store stuff I am listening to recently. I keep it up to date with a single playlist in iTunes. It's not rocket science.

That's some serious music collection Roy! I have about 15Gb, and thought that was plenty...

browno said:
That's some serious music collection Roy! I have about 15Gb, and thought that was plenty...

Knowsit, I need to move it to another disk. Perhaps another external. Currently using over a TB of total storage accross internals and externals. I am going to move the music to an external and get a high performance 10k rpm app/OS disk for TheBeast2.

106 GTi
andyleigh said:

Do a serach on here for Dension, the ice link plus allows the ipod to plug into the cd changer port of your standard head unit, and give you control over it via the h/unit and or stalk. Works with both my ipod and nano.

A red missile
Revels106 said:
The iPods are the best. Ignore Mr Apple Hater! ;)

Yes, dont buy a product based on how good it is, act like a sheep and buy a more expensive one based on the rantings of someone who displays the wit and intellect of a housebrick. You know it makes sense.

maz i would say an ipod the size is your choice or depends on how much music you have got and much you wanna put on it . i got a 20gb one and it works fine and never broken down . (finger's crossed ) .

i use the denison link for my headunit easy to install .

Revels Mum & Sister
63/500 said:
Yes, dont buy a product based on how good it is, act like a sheep and buy a more expensive one based on the rantings of someone who displays the wit and intellect of a housebrick. You know it makes sense.

LOL your a right bitter old bugger arent you ;)

A red missile
Rasclart said:
LOL your a right bitter old bugger arent you ;)

LOL who me :eek:

i'd say more like cantankerous old b*****d personally - so would the wife, shes just bitter because shes got a fat arse.