ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Saw a television advert on Saturday morning for the iPod Touch. You've probably all seen it, the one where it is showcasing its gaming quality off, tilting and touching the screen to play.

[YOUTUBE]5HVWtMBOj3w[/YOUTUBE]

Well, anyway, as I wanted something for my audio and video collection, I thought I may as well buy one of these. So I did :cool:

16GB version, with a free £25 voucher for iTunes. £210 all in.

Only had a little play with it so far, but I've set up my WiFi connection to the home router, browsed a few websites, looked at some YouTube videos, installed the latest iTunes and copied over a few albums and Ricky Gervais Podcasts, and had a listen to them. It seems brilliant! Really pleased. The internet navigation is easy, double touching on the screen to increase the size. The touch, drag and scroll is really fluid and efficient, and everything just seems to easy. Its now got my AOL screen name and information stored, so email checking is only a couple of clicks away, too.

The music playing is as you'd expect, top notch. With the touch screen you can have different views and scroll through the songs or albums with ease. I'm presuming it will be the same with videos, too.

Just want to know if anyone else has one, and if there are any websites with some hints/tips, games and the like or anything on? Its all relatively easy enough, but you dont get a manual or anything, just a piece of folded paper, so I'm probably losing out on a fair bit due to n00b-ness.

:cool:

You pinch the screen to increase/decrease size.

You're also forgetting who gave you the invaluable advice to buy one! ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes, hats off to Revels for his information. I wouldnt have bought it otherwise :cool:

Pinch the screen? All I've been doing is double prodding. No wonder it wasnt working sometimes.

lol, I was double prodding for aaaaaaaages. Couldnt work out why it worked some times and then others did nothing.

But yeh, pinch inwards to zoom in, then outwards to zoom out. Just dragging your fingers towards each other really.

Are you going to jailbreak it?

172 cup
Jailbreak ftw
Once cydia is installed search for a program called appshare and another called installous, then load appshare and there will be a huge amount of applications and games available to you.

The only benefit on jailbreaking IMO is the themes.

Theres so much on AppStore now that the programs on Cydia/Installer arent as good as people just develop for Apple.

Skoda
Jailbreak ftw
Once cydia is installed search for a program called appshare and another called installous, then load appshare and there will be a huge amount of applications and games available to you.

Appshare is no more... just installous ver 2 now...does the same thing

M135i
heres you getting a new shiny touch, where as i dropped mine down the toilet the other day, it no worky any more...

so my advice would be, dont surf the net while taking a dump.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Downloaded and bought a few Apps and Games last night with my £25 Voucher. Still got £19.50 left, too :cool:

Download an App called Folders which allows me to put files into folders and password protect them. Mintage. Prying eyes away! :approve:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I may install Folders on my iPhone.

Its gewd. However, to protect movie files in a folder, you need to use a program called HFS (HTTP File Server) which sends the files you want in the Folder to the iPhone/iPod via wireless. Clever, mind.

Sounds tricky, but its easy as hell when you follow the instructions with it. :cool: