ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IPS Displays?

Inferno 182 CUP
Just re setting up my office/desk space with a view to getting serious and need a couple of monitors.

I have my Mac Mini which is a beast so no problems there but now need a couple of screens for some real estate.

I dont have the budget for Apple Cinema/Thunderbolt displays so going to have to be a 3rd party etc.

Now - do i spend £200 on 2 LG 23" LED monitors or do i spend £300 on 2 LG 23" LED IPS Monitors?

Are they that important?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think the panel technology is the be all and end all. You can get nice LCDs just as you can get bad IPS panels. The Dell 24" is meant to be pretty special but it's more than your current budget for a pair.

I just have an Iiyama 22" (was about £120 from Overclockers) and for the money it's brilliant. Nice screen coating and looks smart on a desk. Probably not got the most accurate colours for editing and there's a little bleeding at the bottom of the bezel but nothing really notiable when you're using it.

I wouldn't buy the Apple cinema screen personally, it's overpriced for what it is.

Inferno 182 CUP
So you use IPS? - Im just wondering whether i should buy into the whole IPS thing or if i should just stick with normal LED panels.

The LG IPS226V was the IPS i looked at or the LG E2251VR LED display