ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is 172 FF Audio system...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My 172 was fine but i think 182 sounded a little better and had some writting in the corner of the headunit.....this could be it

ian

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The full fat one in the 172 is uprated from the cup one . I think the cabasse headunit in the 182 is just a newer version .

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
the doorcards i bought came from a FF.

they had some good quality "-blaupunkt-" speakers in there...my old ones were shoddy ones that weighed f**k all!

BMW Z4 3.0i
The FF model comes with a 4x40W system instead of a 4x15W version I think. TBH though, while the 40W version is loud, it is seriously lacking in bass. When I bought my 172 one of the things I considered was that I wouldn't have to mod the stereo system, but the standard setup isn't great tbh. Good quality, just lacking bass.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
According to the heritage section on renaultsport.co.uk you either got a cabasse 4 x 40w in the full fats and 4 x 22w in the cup versions .

I remember in my ff 172 i had blaupunkt speakers which weighed a fcukin tonne , the cup speakers are different again , they weight next to nothing compared to the ff's .

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/

BMW Z4 3.0i
Normally values quoted are RMS or PMPO.

RMS is likely to be a lower value and is the averge power.

PMPO is likely to be a higher value and is the peak power.

I think RMS value is a better indicator of the power of the speaker.