ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a 27" imac usable?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Any opinions on this?

Was just looking at them and didn't realise the 24 had gone and a 27 had been brought it, imo its just a bit too big and will be unusable in reality.

I think the 24" was perfect as 21.5" is just a tad too small, anyone used a big screen? Opinions?

Yes. My games machine rolls in 26" and it's epic. The bigger the better as long as the resolution goes with it.

Its a great size, push it to the back of the desk and its really comfortable to work with; massive 'canvas' to work on - I don't have one but I do have similar sized monitors :)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Was thinking exactly the same as you but had a play on one the other day and omg its so nice to work on. Because the screens are so crystal clear it doesnt matter if your sitting close to it. See if your local PC world have one or go to an apple store and play on one

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What is it you use it for?

I have a 24" iMac desktop and a MBP. Thinking of upgrading the iMac though.

27" are awesome though. I'd have one if I had the upgrade money now.

None
I use 37" and its ok. I wouldnt recommend anymore than 32" to anyone as you do have to look up a bit sometimes lol

Also, Mac OSX appears to do a much better job than windows at anti-aliasing fonts. So text should look a lot better on a 27" Mac than it does on (for example) my 26" Windows based PC.

No way is a 27" Mac too big. Not on your nelly.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Went to the apple shop today, didn't get a go on one as it was packed out but when you look at the 27 and 21 next to each other there is no contest.

Dont know if I want one or not, I want a bigger screen computer but would like a 17" mbp, but then i started thinking about keeping my 13" mb and adding a 27" imac for the computer room since the vista pc in there has aged badly.

Also I can get about 15% student discount but we also have an apple scheme at work which may work out cheaper.

Yeah I may go 30".

Having to game at 2560x1600 is a decision maker though. I'd be looking at adding another gtx295 :D

CRS 197
It's just me or I am the only person that thinks the 27" is too much? I just switched from a 15.5" crappy laptop screen to a 24" full HD screen with a Geforce GTX and I'm always lost in the screen, it's so hard to find the pointer on the screen.

I guess I have to get used to it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's just me or I am the only person that thinks the 27" is too much? I just switched from a 15.5" crappy laptop screen to a 24" full HD screen with a Geforce GTX and I'm always lost in the screen, it's so hard to find the pointer on the screen.

I guess I have to get used to it.

It just takes a little practice and patience, m8. I've got my 26" monitor, with a small, old 15" one plugged in on the side. Moving from one to the other is like going from 5th gear and then slamming it into 1st - lol. ;)

D.