ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is anyone else not really bothered about the PS3?

172 mk2 Iceberg
Seems like the English people are gonna be ripped off to finance
the rest of the world

But not with my money
the 360 seems great

i wish people would stop undervaluing the 360 and saying the ps3 is expensive.

Yes you can get a 360 for £200 but its crap, you need to get the premium pack plus most people get the wireless adapter then to be able to charge the wireless controller you need the charge and play kit and you also need to pay £35 for xbox live and after you add everything up its the same cost as the ps3 especially if you want hd movies and have to add the hd-dvd addon, then it becomes more expensive.

Its like saying a mini cooper s is (or was when they first came out) cheaper than a 182, you have to spec the one up but the other came with everything.

seems to be a rip off for England again to finance the rest of the world...

there not getting my money
And I have a 360 too so i'm not a ps3 fanboy before someone says that, i love my 360, just going to get the ps3 for bluray as its the cheapest bluray player at the moment and will play great games and is even supposed to be better quality bluray playback than the more expensive standalone players.

It has everything going for it and it might seem expensive but you get everything in the box including the rechargeable battery and cable to charge the controller unlike the 360!

So the battery and cable which if your cheeky most shops will throw in for the 360. Just ask them next time i did no cost. Wireless adaptor i got a discount on as well.

Even so £300 with 2 wireless pads, 2 games is better than £425 for a PS3 which has had the PS2 and PS1 hardware chips removed cuttings costs further for sony for the European version and making us pay more than anywhere else. Then the pads had the battery built in once the battery is dead you have to buy a complete new pad. Last time i checked the list price for the pad was near the £60 mark. So PS3 + 1 extra pad is £480. Then you need the HDMI cable etc. Yes you get a bluray player but meh im not fussed with that just yet i want to let the 2 technologies mature a bit and see which is worth going for.

Either way us the Europeans are being ripped off with the PS3. Were paying nearly double what the Yanks and the Japanese pay and were getting less in the box with the removal of the chips it means old games are now emulated and not all are supported ok its not that bad but it just says to me sony are trying to reclaim some of there money they have lost from us by giving us different hardware and charging us more.

none, just walk
To be honest i never bought my xbox to do anything other than play games and play xbox live. The fact that its hd is only a bonus, i think the fact that sonys new unit can play games in hd or blueray or what ever it is means that sony could at least bring out a game only version where those who dont want to pay that much can buy a cheaper version. i dont think sony is good value cos its a hd dvd player too, i think its a over priced console and it always will remain that way

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
PS3 aint that good guys..

To really appreciate it you need a HD ready tv, the games are limited TBH none of them caught my eye so I ended up with 3 that I'm bored of in less than a month.

I don't think its worth £500 and its definatly not living up to the hype as far as I can see so far.

Its pretty bulky as well, looks pretty if you're into wanking over consoles, but I'm still not overly impressed with it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i wish people would stop undervaluing the 360 and saying the ps3 is expensive.

Yes you can get a 360 for £200 but its crap, you need to get the premium pack plus most people get the wireless adapter then to be able to charge the wireless controller you need the charge and play kit and you also need to pay £35 for xbox live and after you add everything up its the same cost as the ps3 especially if you want hd movies and have to add the hd-dvd addon, then it becomes more expensive.

Its like saying a mini cooper s is (or was when they first came out) cheaper than a 182, you have to spec the one up but the other came with everything.

And I have a 360 too so i'm not a ps3 fanboy before someone says that, i love my 360, just going to get the ps3 for bluray as its the cheapest bluray player at the moment and will play great games and is even supposed to be better quality bluray playback than the more expensive standalone players.

It has everything going for it and it might seem expensive but you get everything in the box including the rechargeable battery and cable to charge the controller unlike the 360!

So the battery and cable which if your cheeky most shops will throw in for the 360. Just ask them next time i did no cost. Wireless adaptor i got a discount on as well.

Even so £300 with 2 wireless pads, 2 games is better than £425 for a PS3 which has had the PS2 and PS1 hardware chips removed cuttings costs further for sony for the European version and making us pay more than anywhere else. Then the pads had the battery built in once the battery is dead you have to buy a complete new pad. Last time i checked the list price for the pad was near the £60 mark. So PS3 + 1 extra pad is £480. Then you need the HDMI cable etc. Yes you get a bluray player but meh im not fussed with that just yet i want to let the 2 technologies mature a bit and see which is worth going for.

Either way us the Europeans are being ripped off with the PS3. Were paying nearly double what the Yanks and the Japanese pay and were getting less in the box with the removal of the chips it means old games are now emulated and not all are supported ok its not that bad but it just says to me sony are trying to reclaim some of there money they have lost from us by giving us different hardware and charging us more.
you still make a false comparison forgetting about the wireless networking, the sh1tty 20gb (only get usable 12gb!!!!) HDD compared to the 60gb ps3 and the second controller is £32, no idea where you get £60 from?

There really is no cost difference between the two consoles at all, one you get it all in one part code, the other is discguised by selling it all separately.

come on!

and this removal of the ps2 chip, i really don't care, i won't play anything other than ps3 games and bluray and sony have since announced that there will be a lot more games compatible than people have been reporting and it won't be a problem.

dk

911 GTS Cab
To be honest i never bought my xbox to do anything other than play games and play xbox live. The fact that its hd is only a bonus, i think the fact that sonys new unit can play games in hd or blueray or what ever it is means that sony could at least bring out a game only version where those who dont want to pay that much can buy a cheaper version. i dont think sony is good value cos its a hd dvd player too, i think its a over priced console and it always will remain that way
lol, i really don't think you get the comparison.

dk

911 GTS Cab
PS3 aint that good guys..

To really appreciate it you need a HD ready tv, the games are limited TBH none of them caught my eye so I ended up with 3 that I'm bored of in less than a month.

I don't think its worth £500 and its definatly not living up to the hype as far as I can see so far.

Its pretty bulky as well, looks pretty if you're into wanking over consoles, but I'm still not overly impressed with it.
doesn't everyone have a HD TV these days with them costing next to nothing?

Every console is the same for game, never anything good when they are released, the good games come about 1yr after launch.